style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3579 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

Not sure if i am posting in the correct place apologises if im not.

My OH purchased a TV through homebuy in May 2008 with the agreement starting on 2nd June and lasting for a total of 156 weeks so the agreement he signed should be ending June 2011. However after myself going through the statement they sent I have realised that they have extended the agreement to 309weeks effectively making it so that it does not end until June 2014. As far as my OH is aware he has never received no notification of the extension and they are still collecting the same amount in the monthly payments. What i would like to know is are they allowed to extend the length of the agreement without OH consent, if not how can we sort this out?

Any help is gratefully appreciated

Sian

Hi

thanks for replying.

Yes we have the original agreement, it states on there that he should be paying for a total of 156 weeks commencing on 2nd June 2008 but nothing about an end date.

It does not need an end date, that can be worked out from the start date - I would say 156 weeks is roughly 3 years worth, so the last payment should be around the end of May 2011 - the exact date can be worked out by counting the weeks.

Have you bought anything else from them? Or ended up in arrears? Or had a new tv at any point? Have they added insurance?

Have you always kept up with the payments? (Though I cannot imagine any arrears doubling the cost!)

Basically, they cannot change the contract without your agreement, the statement they have sent sounds as though there has been a mistake. It could be a simple mistake, such as someone entering the purchase twice but you certainly need to find out what has happened, and get it corrected - from what you say, you have the evidence, you have right on your side, it should be very simple to resolve.

Don't let them get their hands on the contract, always take a photocopy in if they ask to see it, or send them copies - if that contract leaves your possession, your proof that you do not owe the extra 3 years is lost!

Hi thanks for the reply

I have spoken to my OH and when he was with his ex partner she had a nintendo wii put on to his account so he is paying for that aswell but he says that they increased the payments when this was put on. After reading through the agreement i have found that homebuy have put nearly £1700 on to the cost of the tv for optional maintenance cover which was never explained or asked for.

Do you think it would be a good idea to SAR homebuy as we dont have the original agreement for the wii?