Stopping Court Claim with Counterclaim

andydd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks.

I have started a court claim to recover money that an LVT (leasehold Valuation Tribunal) has concluded I have overpaid.

The Defendant has now replied with his defence which is he has credited the balance of my service charge account with the amount.

Now I have two questions.

1. Is it possible to carry on the claim and demand the money is actually returned to me instead of just being credited to my account, this will also enable me to add on 8% Interest.

2. The defendant has added a Counterclaim for a large amount.

I'm quite sure I can defeat this Counterclaim (but not sure I want to and the moment), so the 2nd question is; Can I end the court claim now and that is it, it just ends with the money credited in my account and no further action is taken about the counterclaim ? (Unless of course he starts a sepeerate court claim).

*Please not theLVT/Service Charge bit is irrelevent to this case, I would just like general answers to my Q's

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Andy

• 3 weeks later...
Often, whatever the merits of any counterclaim, the defendant will put forward a counterclaim to put pressure on the claimant to settle.

Its ok now, the confusion arose 'coz I started two claims against my landlord, in replying, landlords solicitor only used claim number for 2nd, court recently advised me that in theory this means he hasnt actually defended the first claim, it is now out of time, so I filled in a default judgement form..muppets :)