willintonboots

Please help - Barclays overdraft protection

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3588 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hey all i need some help - dont know what i am doing....

I was sold overdraft protection on my bank account in 2005, in 2008 i became unemployed and went onto income support - i had overdraft protection and didnt realise until now - when i lost my job the bank screwed me with charges and i am paying all my debts through cccs, most of my debt is built up of charges, on black horse, barclays banks accounts x2 a barclay loan, and a barclaycard which i had since 1995. I am currently looking into what i am liable for especially charges.

Can anyone advise me on how to claim bank charges and if i can claim my overdraft protection that never got used as i didnt know i had it and paid it for 3 years and barclays never advised me to make a claim when i fell into difficulty - sorry to ramble, its just all getting to me paying out lots of money when i have been taken the mick out of because i fell into debt!

Many thanks

Your overdraft protection, it is still live on an active account? If so, you could claim on it.

Loan accounts were not the subject of the test case- try and reclaim those default charges, same as for credit cards.

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

kennythecelt@consumeractiongroup.co.uk.

Thankyou Kennythecelt:)

Thanks for your response....

The overdraft protection was cancelled when I closed the account- but when I closed the account Barclays didn't close it and continued applying charges and interest anyway.

My loan- I've paid that loan off at least twice- it's the charges they gave me for being out of work for 6 months that's crippled me and cost so much!

Really appreciate your help :-)

Boots,

I reckon your first step is to send Barclays and the others a full SAR, see sticky on PPI homepage called "full asr for ppi" you will find all the information you need there.

One SAr will cover all accounts you had with each bank who will have 40 calendar days to provide you with everything they hold on you.

Once you have the info, shout and one of us will help you with the next step which will be to calculate how much you can claim.

Good luck

DJ