style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3589 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Yesterday, a bailiff threatened to force entry and change the locks on my disabled son's home because of warrant issued in relation to a speeding offence my daugther had committed in February 2008.

I contacted the court enforcement office and they claimed to have sent letters (albeit to the wrong address) and because they had not received a response a warrant had been issued and passed toMarstons. They refused to deal with me stating i must deal with the Bailiff.

When i informed the court enforcement officer that the Bailiff was threatening to break into my disabled son's home, he said the bailiff could use whatever force it took to retrieve the debt. A £60 debt had now become a £365 debt....!!!!

I am planning to take this up with my MP next week but am desperate for some advise now...

Thank you

Not too good with these so please excuse me if I sound vague in parts.

Do your son & daughter live in the same property? If so whose name is on the title deeds or rent book? You say your son is disabled - have you advised Marstons of this?

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yesterday, a bailiff threatened to force entry and change the locks on my disabled son's home because of warrant issued in relation to a speeding offence my daugther had committed in February 2008.

I contacted the court enforcement office and they claimed to have sent letters (albeit to the wrong address) and because they had not received a response a warrant had been issued and passed toMarstons. They refused to deal with me stating i must deal with the Bailiff.

When i informed the court enforcement officer that the Bailiff was threatening to break into my disabled son's home, he said the bailiff could use whatever force it took to retrieve the debt. A £60 debt had now become a £365 debt....!!!!

I am planning to take this up with my MP next week but am desperate for some advise now...

Thank you

On Monday you need to telephone the court to ask them to confirm what address the Warrant had been issued against. I am assuming that this was a previous address.

Does you daughter and son live at the same property?

Did your daughter receive a summons and if so, did she plead guilty and return the form back to the court?

If she had not received a summons then she can complete a Statutory Declaration with the Magistrates Court.

Thank you so much for your responses... Marston's and the Court Enforcement Office are aware that the property is my son's and that he is disabled. Both Marston and the CEO have stated that the Bailiff has the right to use whatever means necessary to recover the debt. Reluctantly, and under duress, I paid the Bailiff £365 today because i could not risk putting my son's health in danger. At my request, I had a Police Officer witness this transation and sign a letter which stated that i was paying the money under duress and that i plan to take the matter further at a later date.

There clearly has to be something very wrong within the current court process in so far as they authorises such thuggish tactics to recover debts. without having to provide evidence that warning letters/reminders etc. have ever been served prior to bailiffs being contacted.

Thank you so much for your responses... Marston's and the Court Enforcement Office are aware that the property is my son's and that he is disabled. Both Marston and the CEO have stated that the Bailiff has the right to use whatever means necessary to recover the debt. Reluctantly, and under duress, I paid the Bailiff £365 today because i could not risk putting my son's health in danger. At my request, I had a Police Officer witness this transation and sign a letter which stated that i was paying the money under duress and that i plan to take the matter further at a later date.

I have sent you a private message as this sort of behaviour should not be tolerated and for this reason, this matter needs to be brought to the attention of both the Ministry of Justice and the relevant Contracts Manager with responsibility for looking into serious complaints such as this. With the enforcement of Magistartes Distress Warrants, the Ministry of Justice have allocated various Contracts Managers for different parts of the country. I can provide the contact details to you.