Default Removed after 1 Year.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello....

Im a little confused and need a little help. On 03/11/09 I had a default on my account from Vanquis of £407. I have now recently checked it and it has gone!! Obviously this is a good thing.. But I now have a letter from Lowell Portfolio Ltd stating that they have bought the debt from Vanquis and now want the money.

Is this why the default has been removed? Are they able to put another default on my account even though one has already been on there for the same debt?

Any advice would be great.

=o)

Also.. Quick add on...

I have not had any communication with them yet.. As their address for me is an old one and the letter was forwarded on to me.

If I do not communicate with them, can they still put a default on my account? As I would not have actually defaulted on any payment plan?

Lowell will probably put a default on on the same month as Vanquis registers it as satisfied.

Which CRA are you using? If it is Equifax, check your Table 1 searches. If there are any saying debt collection or something similar, post back and we will tell you how to get them removed!

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Also.. Quick add on...

I have not had any communication with them yet.. As their address for me is an old one and the letter was forwarded on to me.

If I do not communicate with them, can they still put a default on my account? As I would not have actually defaulted on any payment plan?

Yes they can still default you.

Don't contact them. Wait for them to find you, and if they do, only communicate in writing. Never speak to them on the phone.

Sorry I am being rude. Welcome to CAG :whoo:

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

I wouldn't guarantee that paying would stop Lowells putting a default on, because in essence you have defaulted. You may be able to catch it befor it goes on.

I am sure somebody else will advise you further soon.

Excellent advice from Huggys Boss,

I would check your Equifax credit report too as Lowell and other DCA's have a new trick of putting searches on as if they are a lender or credit card supplier, these are damaging to your credit rating as if they do a number of searches

it appears that you have made excessive credit applications!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: