GE trying to go back on thier word.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

Fell behind on my mortage due to losing my job (we sold the house and were supposed to be moving over 100 miles away() and due to the incompitence of tghe solicitors and former estate agents (who will remain nameless ) the sale fell through. we done everything correctly informing \GE money of situation and the fact that now that we are again sold STC and provided them with all documentation and some of the interest is being paid by government and were told catagorically that they wqould not take any action or go for repo. LO and behold this morning received a letter stating they are going to try and repo. THE HOUSE IS SOLD STC surley they know that they will be once everything sorted that the mortgae would be paid in full but they seemed to overlook this aznd as I am only paing interest olny they also seem o be adding interest on the interest charges and for the 94,000 mortgae took out they want nearly 106,000 back unfair I think. When I called them this morning one female just hung up on me after seing I was upset and a male then told me the letter should not have gone out but I am very dubious what should I do.

• 10 months later...

either I am blind or I just cant find it, but am looking for a LBA to send the GE Money (the theiving ****) over charges that are owed to me yet they only offered a measley gesture that would not even be worth the postage on the letter, so please help me out here so I can get what I feel is rightfully mine

• 3 weeks later...

I redeemed my mortgage in july this year and started to claim back the charges tortalling without the interest over 2000. they wrote to me offering a pultry 80.00 compensation refused this and sent a letter before action last month. When I had no reply i called to ask them whether they had received this and admitted they had, but still refused to budge and openly admitted thast they had no intention of replying to it or tsking the matter any furtherand I could like it or lump it. I am now tsking them to court (in fact the person said why you will lose anyway) We have all the statementd and an SAR which we got from thrm in the initial complaint and this became a big eye opener we discovered that not only were we charged for the defaults etc, they were putting interest on the charges charged interest and added it on after the mortgage was redeedmed but when they were told this she got very shirty and told me again to lump it or like it has anyone else suceeded it taking these criminals to book as I am now on my way to stsrt legsl action .

as far as i know, all charges related to your mortgage account can only reflect actual losses so yes you can reclaim them.

I'll just go and find the case ref.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

thanks will have a read through, I was warned that GE would get pedantic and use every trick in the book to try and not to psy out. my MIL is going to help me recalculate everything before going to lodge the court claim and I will let you know the outcome.

yep, they huff and they puff and then coff..............................just before the court case.

was reading up on the link you provided makes sense why they kept trying to tell me to go to the obudsman then telling me I would lose in court why do they make it so difficult for themselves when they know that they cant win

Its all part of the game they play to delay having to repay you what is rightfully yours.

Full steam ahead, go get 'em toofie.