Carter and mint card- 10 day court warning letter

magickat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a letter from Bryan Carter solicitors in relation to a debt on a Mint credit card.

It states that the matter will be referred for court proceedings to be issued in 10 days if payment is not received by that date.

Should I be concerned or can I ignore this? I am worried as it does not say "may" or "could" like the usual debt letters.

Any advice gratefully received.

Yes, lots, in your favour too!

Looks like BC is rattling everyones cages at the moment, I've just read another post with exactly the same letter threatening court action in 10 days if payment is not received.

Have you requested the CCA for mint or any other DCA before? (A copy of your original agreement when you took out the card?)

Heres the other post, sound familiar?http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?280411-Bryan-Carter-Help-needed-PLEASE

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I haven't requested the CCA before, but on the advice of the first reply I received on this thread I have printed out the letter and am planning to send it to BC tomorrow, with postal order, seems the best source of action.

Yes, he will no doubt send it back to you, either stating that you need to request it from them direct, or that he is no longer dealing with the account.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!