magickat

Carter and mint card- 10 day court warning letter

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3582 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have received a letter from Bryan Carter solicitors in relation to a debt on a Mint credit card.

It states that the matter will be referred for court proceedings to be issued in 10 days if payment is not received by that date.

Should I be concerned or can I ignore this? I am worried as it does not say "may" or "could" like the usual debt letters.

Any advice gratefully received.

Bryan Carter can easily be sent packing, you need to send the prove it letter from the templates.

He has a history of threatening people and running away once challenged.

Other people will be along here soon with more advice.

How old is this alleged debt with mint? When did you take out the agreement? Pre 2007?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yes the agreement is pre-2007, I would have taken it out in about 2004/5.

Does that make a difference?

Yes, lots, in your favour too!

Looks like BC is rattling everyones cages at the moment, I've just read another post with exactly the same letter threatening court action in 10 days if payment is not received.

Have you requested the CCA for mint or any other DCA before? (A copy of your original agreement when you took out the card?)

Heres the other post, sound familiar?http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?280411-Bryan-Carter-Help-needed-PLEASE

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I haven't requested the CCA before, but on the advice of the first reply I received on this thread I have printed out the letter and am planning to send it to BC tomorrow, with postal order, seems the best source of action.

Yes, he will no doubt send it back to you, either stating that you need to request it from them direct, or that he is no longer dealing with the account.

If he's threatened court action send him a CPR 31.14 letter which is free......he hates them ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT