• Tweets

• I am aware of this treatment. Field Debt Solutions approached me at my door claiming to have a warrant of entry, (one of many lies they used) they KNEW I was classed as vulnerable prior to the visit. This was (later found out by The Ombudsman) allegedly to install a pre payment meter (They know I can not use one). Long story short: I was threatened with criminal damage, the police and them not moving till I let them in. They stated they had a warrant, they did not. One FDS employee was waving a crowbar and smiling, the other was basically terrorising me through the window. I complained to EON and all that they did was lie further, covered up their behaviours After contacting the OMBUDSMAN all the truth came out. I am totally disgusted with the way this company operate. I am equally disgusted that the Ombudsman ere not taking any of the FDS Employees behaviours into account (yet all my claims were upheld) this feels like this section of the whole process is left wide open and that's why this is happening imho. The Ombudsman made me feel like they work for EON, (when it came to the consideration of the employees from FDS, they seemed immune to scrutiny) a very confusing and shocking experience when the penny drooped. I have looked at CISA (?) whom are some sort of organisation who debt collection agencies register with (no idea what for) anyway, FDS are not registered, I can not find them anywhere, they are like some sort of enigma and this is where i am thinking how they are protecting themselves from scrutiny and people gaining remedy from them. I also witnessed a EON employee telling me that "FDS do not have to answer anyone," they would not give me any way of complaining directly to them as is the Gov's advice before A Small Claims Tract. I am just making sure now that I record all my efforts to do what I can to give a chance for FDS to attempt to put right what they did to me. I have witnesses and I intend to take them to court. EON has damned them and all the info they provided shows how messed up and disgusting they are, I seriously have witnessed staff laughing at me on the phone when I am trying to tell them what happened. I t seems if you do not pay a bill (in my case this was out of my hands) Then your deserving of what seems to me an inside laugh as the know how we (the vulnerable) get treated when FDS turn up, yes, very much felt this and challenged one employee once.. I have spoken to a Solicitor and they are happy  to do something for me over this. Also the police were phoned by myself even though they threatened me with police "To Help Them Take My DOOR OF ITS HINGES" The police did turn up, they told me that they rarely ever turn up for these idiots as the FDS and others attempt to use the police through bull crapping them. They also said go through a few hoops and if your not happy come back to them, I have a mobile number as they said that a crime number would come after I have exhausted the other moves. They do not like these Debt People one bit, that was comforting. Sorry if this is a little all over but it was all over complexed (I can see why now) but  just wanted to share my experiences and I will be happy to share further if anyone needs to know. I am still wondering what to do but one thing is for sure, I will not be going away, EVER! good luck
    • what does it say if the claimant fails please?
    • Thanks for the feedback.  We have a professional surveyor friend who is willing to give an opinion, and once done as you say, there's no reason not to inform insurers. And as Eric's brother says, that will also give us, hopefully, a more specific discussion with neighbours. No, we can't view the neighbour's roofing from where we are, and neither can they as it's under their conservatory (we always thought it was a bad move on their part to cover felting with a conservatory!) Interesting that council have enforcement powers, hadn't realised that.  I've also had a builder advise, without visiting the site, that the dividing wall (which may be double-skinned) should have waterproof capping, which it doesn't; so maybe a simple solution is to install that across top of both sides.  Anyway, some next steps for us to take so thanks again.
    • un-en doesn't mean its written off but SB'd passing does.. and no why should you get the money??   they are notional charges that weren't paid by you anyway in the 1st place as there is was outstanding balance greater than the refund.
    • If WFH is what leaves people feeling unsupported then I completely agree that's not good.  I wonder if some organisations were better at keeping communication open, managing the situation and making their employees still feel supported and included.  It's likely there have been lessons learned.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
postggj

Godebt are getting an official complaint from postggj

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3549 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

All the regular caggers will know i deal in car finance threads and one of my pet hates is godebt

this company has no intention of ever taking anybody to court as they know the agreements are no more than lemons

there next bull s(&t is to issue a stat demand for bankrupcy even though they know the agreements are crap

i am now doiing an officiall omplaint on this companies business practice and i require the relevant departments to write to

the oft will just file the complaint so are a waste of time

ime thinking more along the lines of

the ministry of justice etc

i want action

ime getting rather fed up on the amount of godebt threads at the moment

i want this lot closed down

comments people

You go and get them Postggj. Go debt are a nightmare to deal with. I have read most of the theads where you have given advice and I can't believe that Go Debt are still trying to con people into paying them money.

I have dealt with Go Debt myself and they are the worst DCA I have ever come across. They were collecting an old debt which I faithfully paid them on time every month yet they still sent threat letters demanding more money or they were taking me to court. Then I found CAG and sent Go Debt a CCA request. They sent me a letter pretty quickly saying they didn't have an agreement but then sent me more threat letters demanding payment or they would make me bankrupt. I waited for the 12+2 days then sent them the Account In Dispute Letter and that's when they finally gave in.

Go Debt need to be shut down and fast. Give them hell Postggj.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Hell

they dont know what hell is

they will by the time ive finished with them

POSTGGJ

XX

XX

EMAIL XXXXX

Enquiries Centre

Office of Fair Trading

FREEPOST

London

EC4B 4AH

DATE 14/10/2010

REFERENCE

OFFICIAL COMPLAINT AGAINST A DEBT COLLECTION AGENCY LICENCED BY THE OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING

COMPANY NAME

GODEBT

PO BOX 371

CARDIFF CF10 3WN

TELL 0870 0131420

DEAR SIR/MADAM

EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NO PERSONAL DEBT ASSIGNED TO THIS COMPANY, I AM AN ADVISOR ON A CONSUMER WEB SITE.

I WISH TO LODGE AN OFFICIAL COMPLAINT ON THE BUSINESS PRACTICE IN THE COLECTION OF CONSUMER DEBT HANDLED BY THIS COMPANY, AND IN PERTICULAR TO ASSIGNED DEBTS TO THIS COMPANY FROM YES CAR CREDIT.

GODEBT WILL NEVER ISSUE A COUNTY COURT CLAIM TO RECOVER MONIES OWED, INSTEAD THEY DISH OUT STATUTORY DEMANDS FOR BANKRUPCY LIKE CONFETTI IN A VAIN ATTEMPT TO INTIMIDATE PEOPLE INTO PAYING DEBTS THAT ARE EITHER STATUTE BARRED OR THROUGH UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS.

I MUST APPOLOGISE FOR THE TWO LETTERS ENCLOSED THAT I HAVE ADVISED PEOPLE TO SEND GODEBT. THEY ARE TOUNGE AND CHEEK, BUT IT IS THE ONLY LANGUAGE THEY SEEM TO UNDERSTAND.

I HAVE ALSO ENCLOSED THE REPLIES FROM GODEBT.

MAY I ENQUIRE WHY, DESPITE THE COMPLAINTS THE OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING IS RECEIVING ABOUT DEBT COLLECTION AGENCIES, AND IN THIS CASE GODEBT.

THE OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING FAILS TO ACT IN ENFORCEMENT.

I NEED NOT REMIND YOU THAT THE OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING GUIDE LINES IS CONTINUALY FLOUTED AND THAT THESE GUIDELINES ARE INFACT LAW.

THIS WILL COME UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS WHICH WAS A DIRECTIVE FROM THE EUROPEAN COURT OFJUSTICE AND BECAME UNITED KINGDOM LAW IN 2008.

THE CONTINUED USE OF STATUTORY DEMANDS ISSUED BY GODEBT ARE IN DIRECT VIOLATION TO THE GUIDE LINES FRROTHE OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING.

THIS WAS STATED BY A MR JUSTICE WARREN IN THAT HE STATED THAT THE INSOLVENCY SERVICE WAS NOT TO BE USE AS A METHOD FOR DEBT COLLECTION WHERE A BONA-FIDE DISPUTE IS IN PLACE.

AS YOU CAN SEE BY THE LETTERS SENT TO GODEBT DISPUTING AMOUNTS OWED, AND THERE RESPONSE LEAVES A LOT TO BE DESIRED AND AS A RESULT COMPANIES LIKE GODEEBT NEED TO BE PUT ON NOTICE WHEN THE CONSUMER CREDIT LICENCE COMES UP FOR RENEWAL.

THE CORRECT METHOD FOR DEBT COLLECTION IS THROUGH THE CIVIL COURTS BY WAY OF A COUNTY COURT JUDGEMENTS WHERE BY A DEBTOR HAS THE OPPERTUNIITY TO FULLY DEFEND ANY SUCH ACTION.

IF YOU NEED ANY FURTHER ADVICE OR CLARIFICATION ON HOW THIS COMPANY OPERATES THEN I CAN BE CONTACTED ON MY EMAIL ADDRRSS.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

YOURS SINCERELY

POSTGGJ

THIS IS JUST A ROUGH DRAFT TO PLAY ABOUT WITH BEFORE I SEND IT TO THE OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING

ANY SUGESTIONS PEOPLE

Interesting thread this. I received a letter from GoDebt about a debt that has been in dispute for the last couple of years. 2 DCA's have already passed the matter back to the original lender but GoDebt would not listen when I told them the debt was in dispute. I got fed up with them so told them, in writing, that I was going to invoice them £30 to read and reply to their letters and add a £50 administration charge if they did not pay within 7 days. Guess what? Yes they continued writing so they now they owe me £240. They recently wrote and told me that they were not going to continue with the case and I replied that they still owed me for the invoices. They were even stupid enough to put in writing that they were in their rights to continue writing to me even though they knew the account to be in dispute-so they don't know they are required to abide by the OFT debt collection guidelines then.

Court papers are in the process of being prepared so the fun ain't over yet.

Just remember people

the oft guidelines are not guidelines

they are infact uk law since 2008 by way of a directive from the european court of justice

its about time the oft realised this and start to wake up to the fact

Hi postggj

Go get em!

They flout too many rules & regulations and very close to the wind.

Perhaps we should all do same letter to OFT - and also copy in our own

MP.

Let us know.

Just dropping to clarify...

OFT guidlines are just that, guidelines. However, in May 2008 the CPUTR was implemented in to UK LAW. CPUTR does cover a lot with regard to OFT guidelines and the CCA 1974, but it IS NOT a replacement appart from where certain details overide previous legislation, ie. the criminal offence bit of 30 days after the 12 + 2 failure to furnish a CCA request.

The implementation of the CPUTR does mean that companies with CCLs and members of a trade body, ie. DCAs are mostly members of the CSA, are now bound by OFT guidelines, their own trade guidelines and the bloody LAW :)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Just had a thought

Why dont we all contact BBC Watchdog - I'm sure that would like to get their teeth into them

I've emailed BBC Watchdog programme with the background on Go Debt -

and their activities - lets see what happens:!:

heard anything yet this shower of s..t threatened to make me br when iwas already br recorded coversation you would not believe how they spoke to me said i would be br for 15 years if i did not pay up if these ever phone you take no crap .............................

Hi All

I have just called them and asked if they are hiring? somebody is going to call me re telephone monkey, I will update as soon as I have asked the questions we want answered.

Mr W

recruitpic.jpgWe are a large and fast growing company with our headquarters in Cardiff. We are always looking for telephone debt collection professionals, as well as the best IT and administrative staff. As well as an excellent basic salary, you will get the chance to enjoy paid holidays, flexible working patterns, a casual clothes policy, and the opportunity to be part of an incentive scheme to further boost your earnings.

If you would like more information on current vacancies, please call William Rhodes on 029 2039 1864 to talk about career options.

Regards..Mr Worried :)

They need to be brought down to earth but I do hope you use a spell checker as it's not very good as it is. Go get em.

They need to be brought down to earth but I do hope you use a spell checker as it's not very good as it is. Go get em.

Whats a spull chuker.

Regards..Mr Worried :)

Hi there

I'd also report them to Companies House -- this carries much more weight if you can show the company has not complied 100% with the regulations regarding operation of companies especially in regard to accounting proceedures.

I often read on these forums about the INCESSANT and extraordinary number of phone calls people get from DCA's. Now WHO pays for these calls -- I really can't belive that these companies would bother making 50 or so calls to an individual for a smallish debt --so another way of having a go is to report them for "dubious" and incorrect company accounts.

Even if they DO file proper accounts the sheer hassle will be a salatuory reminder to these scumbags that people are just waiting for the SLIGHTEST SLIP UP.

Cheers

jimbo