Outstanding Debt - HFO Services Ltd - Barclaycard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I checked my credit report today and was suprised to see a default account on there! When I saw the name HFO Services and the amount in question I knew straight away that it was for my BarclayCard in my student days.

I did a little research and found out HFO were a vile debt collection agency and that I was not on my own. I also remember receiving a letter from First Logistics several years ago, googling them and discovering that they are a shower of, well not very nice things, and ignoring them.

Furthering my research I discovered the best option was to start a thread and seek help on my situation, as each one varies. So, this is my post and any help will be much appreciated.

I will of course donate to the site in due course and update the thread as actions progress through the different hoops I am sure, and willing, that I will have to go through.

I am also looking to get on the first rung of the eternal debt machine of the mortgage, and this will of course hinder my progress!

This is the information on my credit report:

Company name:HFO SERVICES LTDAccount type:BankStarted:01/10/2003

Defaulted On:12/01/2007File Updated for the Period to:10/10/2010

The last time I spoke to someone was probably about a year before it claims it is defaulted

I would do a data SAR to barclaycard, it could be very revealing:wink:

SAR
link3.giflink3.gif
letter to send to BC with £10 postal order by recorded delivery. Sign but put crosses through signature
link3.giflink3.gif

[your address]

[their address]

[DATE]

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data
link3.giflink3.gif
which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not limited merely to 6 years
link3.giflink3.gif
of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,

[signature]

[name]

Send to :

BARCLAYCARD

Data Protection Team

Dept LRC

Northampton

NN4 7SG

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Hi

I would not contact HFO yourself if they are not in contact with you, leave them alone. If they do not have a phone number it is an advantage as this is the weapon of choice to get at you. Have you moved address at all?

The First Direct logistics cards were a way of getting your contact details. Watch out for Silverpoint Delivery cards or any suspicious cards/letters of this type or any correspondence from them..

Getting the account information from Barclaycard is the best option as you then know what paperwork is in existance and if this is enforcable. Also who exactly the debt was sold to. This puts you in control as HFO will not have this.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

• 4 months later...

So, it has been a while, and I am now glad I bookmarked this page.

I now have a gentleman (in the loosest sense of the word) ringing me. Firstly it was my next door neighbour, now it is my work phone. It started Friday and I ignored the number as I didn't know it. Then my collegue picked up the phone and he asked for me to ring him back. I didn't, 1 - I am quite busy, 2 - I knew it was from HFO as on Friday I got a letter from them asking for ~£1100 (My Barclaycard was only £500!). I don't want to contact them until I have a plan and assistance from you guys!!

Anyway, I've today had 8 calls from this bloke, my collegue picked up the phone for one and the HFO guy was very aggressive.

What to do.

You need to tell us more. You say they have been contacting your neighbours?

Like this story?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/article-1179871/TONY-HETHERINGTON-Hurl-brick-window-advises-solicitor.html

What did they say to your neighbours?

Have they been leaving messages at work which make it clear what they are calling about, ie. a debt, with a third party, such as a workmate? Were they rude to your colleagues? Tell us what was said.

Have you had anything in writing yet? Sounds like they are still fishing a bit.

And finally, did you send the CCA request or SAR to Barclaycard? I’m guessing not...

I do not have to tell you to not speak to them on the phone unless you can record their untruths, you do need to attack them head on and make complaints about their unbelievable behaviour.

Complaints to the following

Trading Standards via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

OFT http://www.oft.gov.uk/ mark complaint for the attention of james Waldron

OFT Guidance link

This helps when drafting a letter to OFT

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?416-The-OFT-Debt-collection-guidance

You must also send a SAR request to Barclaycard and CCA request to HFO - this will cost £11 but worth the effort

SAR Request

Subject access request letter attached to send with £10 postal order - send recorded delivery and sign over the dotted area at the bottom. They have 40 days to reply. Adapt the last paragraph to give any previous addresses that the OC may have and attach a copy of a utility bill or they will write back and ask for one.

CCA Request

CCA letter to send with a £1 postal order by recorded delivery, do not sign. They have 12 plus 2 working days to reply. If nothing valid is received you can send a letter to put the account in dispute and this should stop them contacting you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter

Account in Dispute letter to send after 12 plus 2 working days

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?436-Failure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

Also send this to HFO

Harassment Letter

To stop those annoying phone calls

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...esponse-letter

General SAR template.doc

donate

You need to tell us more. You say they have been contacting your neighbours?

Like this story?

What did they say to your neighbours?

Have they been leaving messages at work which make it clear what they are calling about, ie. a debt, with a third party, such as a workmate? Were they rude to your colleagues? Tell us what was said.

Have you had anything in writing yet? Sounds like they are still fishing a bit.

And finally, did you send the CCA request or SAR to Barclaycard? I’m guessing not...

They've never explicitly told anyone they have spoken to what it is about, however their tone has been rather aggressive! Like 'Why is he never at his desk, does he never do any work' to which my collegue replied, 'Yes, he's in meetings, do you do any work apart from ring here!'

I am in the process of doing the SAR and CCA now. Can you send a cheque, or does it have to be postal order.

I would strongly recommend the Postal Order as you do not want to provide a signature or any bank details. Do not sign the CCA request either, print your name. The SAR has a signature box, if you use the template above. Send both recorded

donate

Well - DONE! :-D

Thanks!! I received another letter today from the charming HFO Services Ltd, and included my Experian E-Consumer information. The majority of the information is me, however it also includes somebody who I presume is now living at one of my previous addresses! Is this legal and right that they are sending this information to me?

Thread below on complaints to experian plus you must complain to OFT and ICO, also where there threats in the accompanying letter?

Receipt of e-consumerview report complaints

Link to a CAG thread on experian and complaining, there is a sample letter in there

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ment&highlight=

OFT http://www.oft.gov.uk/ for the attention of James Waldron

ICO via http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/data_protection.aspx

donate

Thread below on complaints to experian plus you must complain to OFT and ICO, also where there threats in the accompanying letter?

Receipt of e-consumerview report complaints

Link to a CAG thread onexperian[/url] and complaining, there is a sample letter in there

OFT[/color] for the attention of James Waldron

ICO via

The link didn't work. Is this complaining directly to Experian?

The funniest thing about all of this is... I work for Experian in their Credit Services delivery department. Should I know better than to get myself into a muddle with mobsters like HFO Services? Well yes of course, but when I had this Barclaycard, I was young, care free and credit illiterate!

As mentioned earlier, I found the first mark from HFO on my Credit Report!