Tenancy agreement with a Limited Company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help. I am new to this site and would be very grateful for any help you can give me.

I have a property to rent out. A Limited company wishes to contract with me to give them a 2 year lease on the property. This company is on the Council's approved list. The company will then sublet to a tenant that has been nominated by the Council. Should I have a lease with them and what sort of tenancy will be granted to the sub tenant (I know it cant be an assured shorthold or assured tenancy as they are a limited company)?

You will have a common law letting agreement with the company, and they will let it as a licence I would assume.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

It basically gives the occupier very few rights.

Think "lodger" instead of "tenant" (a lodger is a form of licencee).

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Primarily because an AST can only be given to someone as their primary residence - it is unlikely their staff will have this location as their primary residence.