Natwest Credit card ***WON charges back to clear balance***

laalinz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner has falling behind by two months with his natwest credit card. He only owes £350.00.

They have wrote a letter saying they will pass the debt onto Trotion? (not sure if that is quite right).

We are currently awaiting SAR information from them. Can they pass this debt onto this collection agency while we are awaiting this information?

I have SAR Barclays and all is quite at the moment while we waiting for information, but NatWest are ringing the home phone alot.

I know the chargers and PPI reclaim on the Natwest card will wipe out the balance in full, but at the moment we have no spare cash to pay this card.

Any help will be much appreciated

Okay....firstly deep breath, inhale..exhale relax :)

I am dealing with several credit cards including Natwest/Triton atm, and let me reassure you that nothing is going to happen so quickly or so out of your control that things cant be sorted.

If you are certain about the charges/PPI element, then get a letter drafted to Natwest stating that you believe the outstanding balance is comprised entirely of unlawful charges and possibly mis-sold PPI. Place the account into dispute pending the arrival of your SAR documents.

Most importantly, do not be intimidated by these debt collectors - they have no more power to take money off you than I do. It is only if you go to court and lose that you would ever have to sit to attention when a debt collector calls you. Trust me - the time limit for that to happen is way outside the limit for your SAR stuff to turn up. Find the letter from this site that tells the debt collector that all contact must be in writing only. If they continue to ring, refuse to answer the security questions and simply say "In writing please" and hang up.

In my case, Natwest originally offered the difference between the charges and £12 - I rejected that.

They then offered all the charges plus 8% - i rejected that.

They then offered all the charges plus compound interest - we are haggling on that because their maths is out.

Use this site as a wonderful self help learning tool. There are great people here to help you all along the road.

I will keep monitoring your thread.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Letter drafted and printed to Natwest, will be sent recorded delivery today. Will keep you up today with my progress. Wishing you all the luck with yours to.

Once again my thanks. It is only this website that keeps me sane. I have decided that instead of burying my head in the sand I am taking the bull by the horns and are finally sorting this finacial mess out.

Have also SAR two catalogues, and Barclaycard and Halifax. All of these are currently very quiet while I await my SAR information from them. Just Natwest instist on ringing (luckly I do have caller ID)

Best Wishes

Most of the debt collectors have bursts of action where their constant calls drive you mad.

I very soon realised that investing in the Truecall device was the best decision i ever made. Havent even had the phone ring

from a DCA in six months. Once they are on your blocked list, they just get the ringing sound and have to assume no one is in.

Grrrr I am sooo angry at Natwest.

I have just recieved three phonecalls in the space of 15 minutes after 8.30 pm. I have a six year old child in bed and the last one woke her up. So I rang them back! Spoke to some guy who said that they do not have a telephone number for that account. I said "well how the hell have you rang me 3 times in 15 minutes"

Told him to make sure the number is off their dialling system or I will be reporting them for harrasment. I am soooooo angry at them. Account is currently in dispute while we await SAR information from them anyway. :mad2: So sick of these people hounding people over a couple of hundred quid. God if I owed them a few thousand and not just over £300 (£100 in arrears we pay them £50 a month) I could understand but I have had 9 phonecalls today from them starting at 8.30am.

I should start ring them 10 times a day and see how they like it. ..................sorry rant over :|

:mad2: Natwest is really staring to get on my nerves.

Today I recieved a letter from them regarding the email I sent them on the 14 October 2010 asking them to stop ringing me as I was awaiting SAR and account was in dispute.

Thank you for your email addressed to Stephen Kelly (I dont know who this is and never addressed it to anyone as I sent it through their feedback form). Which has been forwarded to the appropriate department.

In your email, you make refrernce to yor Subject Access Request to which you are still awaiting a reply.

I enclose a copy of my letter dated 27 September 2010, when I returned your letter and £10.00 cheque as your letter was not signed.

Upon receipt of your letter and resubmission of your £10.00 cheque we will be happy to respond to your subject Access Request.

I sent this back to them on the 7 October 2010 by recorded delivery. On checking track and trace is say that my letter is going through their process. Have sent an email to them asking why this has not been delivered!!!

Today is not a good day. Feel like its just one big struggle with Natwest!

Thank you for your email

laalinz

Natwest will get you like that Im afraid if you let them.

The last letter they wrote to me had me spitting feathers as it was obvious they either hadnt read my last letter or were too lazy to properly edit a template reply.

Sod em :) if you assume they are stupid you wont be disappointed. Dont let it get to you

Email Received today:

Dear Mr *********,

Thank you for your e-mail of 21 October 2010 addressed to Stephen Hester. Stephen has asked me to reply as I have responsibility for customer relations across The Royal Bank of Scotland Group.

I was concerned to learn that you had submitted a Subject Access Request (SAR) and were yet to receive a reply. As you would expect, I was concerned to learn that you felt harassed by my colleagues at our Collections Department. I am very keen to investigate this matter but based on the information you have provided in your e-mail I have been unable to locate your customer file.

If you can provide me with your postcode, or your main account number and sort code, I will be more than happy to take this matter forward for you.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Yours sincerely,

Sent one back saying SAR was sent recorded 7 October 2010.

• 2 weeks later...

To coin an old tv catchphrase - "dont let the b***ards grind you down" :)

Out of the blue today, I received a very acceptable settlement offer for charges applied to my Aqua credit card. Its taken months, and they originally told me to sod off in no uncertain terms. Moral is. keep at em and never let em think you are weak.

Once we have your SAR info and you can identify the charges, we can get cracking and hopefully cause em some grief lol

Have recieved a letter from Wescot regading this credit card. Since I have the email address of the person whom is dealing with my complaint I have sent him this:

Dear Mr Fleck,

I am very disappointed to discover that this account has been passed onto Westcot Debt Company even though this account is firmly in dispute regarding my current unresloved complaint.

I request that Westcot be advised of the matter and that the Credit Card account be passed back onto Natwest.

Not only is this a breach of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 in line with the Office Of Fair Trading's debt collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

My previous dispute has NOT been answered.

Consequentially any legal action they pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the you for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as Wescot cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If Wescot chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 in line with the Office Of Fair Tradings Collection Guidelines

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Good on ya :)

From my experience with natwest (who I now regard as utterly useless after our last exchange of letters), you will get them to offer the charges back + 8% without too much hassle. Its compound interest that will need more of a fight.

It may be that your balance can be cleared without needing to issue a claim with the higher interest - then it would be up to you whether you wanted the extra battle.

If you need help on charges and spreadsheets let me know.

Cheers, if the balance is gone with just 8% I am happy with that.

Might ask you to check my figures when I am done as maths is not my strong point. But I did manage to work out my Very Catalogue charges :whoo: so fingers crossed I should be ok here.

Gotta say I am getting to that point with Natwest to, seems like they like to lead you a merry dance.

(mind I HATE Barclays more) :-x

Have added it all up.

Our outstanding balance on the card currently stands at £347.39

Their charges at 8% = £570.12. :-x

Think I will just stick at the 8%.

Will be sending that first class tomorrow by recorded

Hi laalinz

If it were me and I could get the £570 without a court battle I would probably think the extra £200 wasnt worth the hassle - however thats very much a personal choice.

Natwest will probably initially offer you the difference between whatever you have been charged and £12 plus 8% - make sure you have the OFT guidance ready to throw back at them on a LBA.

If any any of the charges are over 6 years old, they will claim they are statute barred - be ready to quote s.32 limitations act 1980 at them :)

As for PPI - you are best off asking on the PPI forums...my knowledge on that is a bit flaky