James31

Letter - Summary Judgement Hearing for Lloyds Credit Card out of the blue

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3579 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Suddenly had a letter from my local court today after 2 years of silence, requesting me to attend a Summary Judgement hearing next month.

I'd previously defended a claim from Lloyds due to no credit agreement being forthcoming.

In the envolope are a copy of statements and a credit agreement, which I'm hoping somebody could take a look at. The amount they are claiming is £6,600.

In the letter from SCM, they state:

"A copy of the application that formed the Credit agreement numbered 5101XXXXXXXXXXXX, is attached to my statement and marked SS1. The claimant does not have to produce the original document, which is no longer available. The copy held on the Claimants computer systems and exhibited here is admissable by vitue of sections 8(1) and 9(1) of the Civil Evidence Act 1995. The claimant now certifies for the purpose of section 9(2) of the Civil Evidence Act 1995 that the copy Application Form/Agreement is a true copy document which forms part of the records of the Claimant's business."

Also...

"On the 24th January 2008 the Claimant's computer systems recorded issue of a Default Notice issued pursuant to section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The default notice was addressed to the Defendant and sent to the address on record of [my current address]. The Claimant is unable to provide a copy as this is not retained".

Thanks for any help...

Full size image: http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8171/lloyds.jpg

lloyds.jpg

Is the document that they sent you as unreadable as the scanned copy?

Do you have the DN?

Have you got a SAR and does it show when the DN was posted and any other info re the DN?