clint1974

Ebay Final Value Fees

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3578 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good Afternoon

I have recently sold a mobile phone on Ebay. It cost me £1.30 to list and i was happy to accept and submitted the listing. However unknown to me and not stated anywhere in the listing process there is a 10% final listing fee on mobile phones, so my £240 sold phone incurr's me with a £24 fee on top of the listing fee. Surely there should be some sort of warning prior to submitting that 10% will be taken from the final sale price so that people can estimate what costs will be deducted eg £200 sale = £20 fee. Without this they must surely be in breach of something or other?

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”

Hi, normally when you list on Ebay before you click the 'list your item' button there is a box above it which says 'Review your fees' which does show the listing fees and says 'If your item sells, you will be charged a Final Value Fee - opens in a new window or tab based on a percentage of the final sale price.' If you click on the Final Value Fee button it takes you to a page will lays out all the fees.

JJ

The ebay fees are here http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/fees.html#Auction.

Clearly Ebay are not going to sell a phone for you for only £1.30 !. Every auction place whether it be real or online will charge a % of the final selling price.

Andy