sillygirl1

Credit Today's DCA Awards shortlist up

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3583 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

This is hot off the pages of Credit Today... their DCA award shortlist

http://www.credittoday.co.uk/news/news-item.cfm?news=1987

Funny how Lowells have sponsored a category and put 1st Credit there....

Roxburghe are up for a couple of awards,

I would have an alternative DCA award shortlist, categories as follows

Most stupidest letter going - grammatical and legal mistakes over 5....

Most lame excuse letter for not complying with a SAR request

Most lame excuse letter for not complying with a CCA request

Most inventive tracing letter

Most misquoted 'legal' threats (has to be 'oral examination of finances at court')

Any other takers?

The Company Least Likely To Succeed.

The Company With The Most Overinflated Sale Value.

The Company Most Likely To Be Sanctioned by the OFT if it hadn't been scrapped http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11540624

Edited by cerberusalert
changed url

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

The best ever is "valid even if not read by you". Can't remember which DCA first used that...

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Think it was Moorcroft....

I think the old Westcot letters designed to look like a court document were another killer, along with their 'Red' letters....

Come on CAG - we must be able to come up with some alternative awards ceremony, I don't mind being the MC at this.... we have enough backing music to use, ie Money Money Money, Another brick in the wall, etc etc....

Sorry, the news item you are trying to access is no longer available.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can I give the award from ODCs thread to 1st crud PLEASE :)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

Strange...I've not had an email notification of this news...Maybe Credit Toady have sussed me :)

Strange...I've not had an email notification of this news...Maybe Credit Toady have sussed me :)
The news was only relesed at 9:30 .... the toadies won't be hoppin' at that time of day. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.....and of course it will contain information/'sell by' dates that have already passeddovie.gif

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

I think the company least likely to succeed award for me this year has to go to Moorcroft. ;)

Maybe Credit Today itself, I think they are keeping track of the computers I use as sometimes I can't open the main page! Still, seeing as they are a self-published online magazine with a limited readership (if it can be called that) and their forum seems to be almost dead revenge has been had....

What happened to their

Most ethical collection team (similar sort of title was on last year awards)

I think the fact that the event is sponsored by the industry, and they pay very inflated prices to attend the event itself says it all.

CAG meets are self-sponsored and fairly well attended considering!

OOH! I know I know :)

We can have the award ceremony at the xmas meet :) I'll write it up and take the pics as well :)

I just recieved my email notification from CT :) Guess they aint that clever then lol...

Here's the link:

http://www.credittoday.co.uk/news/news-item.cfm?news=1987

OMG!!! 1st crud's up for compliance team of the bloody year...Which planet, nah which galaxy are they from ???

To be fair the award is sponsered by the leeds losers...

Edited by babybear39
added a bit

What are the criteria for these awards?? Does anyone know?What about "most ridiculous lie of the year award?"

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

What are the criteria for these awards?? Does anyone know?What about "most ridiculous lie of the year award?"

There wold be so many the award people wouldn't have an effing clue...

There would be so many the award people wouldn't have an effing clue...

How about an award for the company with the most mentions on CAG, or an award for the company with the most complaints who has got away without having their licence revoked.

Now that would be interesting :)

How about the CAG awards

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.