MORE trouble from the Job Center regarding JSA =/

Silky444

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First off I'm well and truly upset with the Job Center on how they treat their 'Customers', their advisers are less than helpful and my local job center tell me one thing then when I telephone up peterborough head office they say something different.. it's like they are looking at 2 different files.

Anyway, a month ago I was printed off 3 jobs to apply for, two of them i applied for and one of them I didn't, Reason why I didn't apply for it is because the job title/work isn't the one that is stated and agreed in my job center agreement, anyway.. The 'Advisor' rudely asked me why I'd not applied for it and i told him the reason why and then he got all arsy with me and said that my benifits would be stopped, another man came over and asked what was wrong and i told him that no one had told me prior that when I agree for them to print out job information for me to apply for that I then agree to apply for the job, i told him that i didn't know that and he said that on this occasion they won't report it. fair enough.. Although that's I thought..

A week later I got a letter through the post, saying there is a suspicion on my claim that i have REFUSED to apply for a job that they printed out for me, and that my benefits may be stopped if i cannot offer a valid reason, So i filled out the form and dropped it back into my local job center on Monday ( i received it on Wednesday but they gave me 7 days to send it back.. so 7 days would be the following wed excluding the weekend), but when they looked on my account to see why i hadn't been paid that day, they said there is no reason for me not to pay me because there is no notes on the system telling them to delay the payment.. so Ok i thought everything was ok... THEN this morning i receive a letter from them saying 'Because we haven't received your statement we are reviewing your claim and we'll let you know within 2 weeks'.

What the hell?! these people are utter useless, they don't help you to find a job they just bully you into applying for jobs that either A. You are under qualified for or B. It costs over £10 a day for travel, i live in huntingdon and they say in the agreement you must be willing to travel up to an hour... AN HOUR?! an hour's travel is to London!!..

So yeah, If anyone has any advice of what i should do, because everytime i go in to the job center, they palm me off to calling 0854 numbers all the time (all the phones in the JC are occupied)

The guy upstairs seriously has a problem with me.. Nothing seems to go right!!!:|

Quite a few issues there.

my benifits would be stopped

Actually they would be sanctioned not stopped. The sanction is a finite time period but they've made it sound like you're never getting any more payments again.

First, if an advisor has stated that they are not going to take it further then it shouldn't be. However in the real world unless there is something to that effect left as a conversation on the LMS system or the person who told you this would be prepared to back this up (if you can find them and they can remember) then you go to the next step.

Reason why I didn't apply for it is because the job title/work isn't the one that is stated and agreed in my job center agreement

If the Jobseekers Agreement and the job you applied for are different then that is what you should put on the statement. They would be hard-pushed to take it further.

Stopping your benefit because they have not received the statement doesn't sound right at all. Refusal Of Employment (this is what it's called) only applies as a sanction after a decision is made. They can not suspend your JSA because you have not completed the statement - they can send up a decision without your statement and this sounds like what's happened here. In which case, you have to ask them to track down the statement you gave in. Go to the person you gave it to and ask them.

Still, this should not suspend your JSA until a decision is made. If you haven't been paid then it may be that they witheld the signing evidence which they can't do. Be aware that I'm making quite a lot of assumptions here, you would need to challenge this missing payment again at the 0845 number. I know it's busy but your first point of call will be the processing centre so they can explain the reason for the payments stopping, they should know this. Request an AJCS (pronounced AJAX) appointment where you can discuss this with an advisor at the jobcentre who can liaise with the processing centre if they need to.

Let me know how thing's go and stick with it because there are a few problems here which could leave you unfairly penalised and you must challenge them.

Thanks for your reply insyder, I got my money o tuesday, after phoning up 3 times and visiting the hob center twice, still though, they couldn't give me a reason why it hadn't gone through.

However, I will phone them up and ask them if they have my statement on their records just to make sure they didn't receive it late but i gave it back to them in the minimum time frame that they gave me!!! Grrr.

The guy upstairs seriously has a problem with me.. Nothing seems to go right!!!:|