style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3592 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I know principals of Equal pay but does anyone else think this is reasonable - to equal value, basically a friend was earning £1500 a year less than someone else she did his job in his absense which was post work which was stuffing envelopes, franking envelopes, opening post, mailing list updates. I appriciate before when he worked in the old building she was a receptionist but when the firm migrated to one whole office her role went back to what she should have been like everyone else. She did a little bit of phone work too but he was not allowed, is this a good example.?

Hello Andrew. I'm not finding this very easy to follow. A good example of what please?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

can you give their job titles/descriptions, and by how much do their roles actually differ? For example, if I go on holiday, my deputy does some of my work for me, she earns £12K less than me, but it is only a bit of holiday cover - and she is being developed into my role, so you have to take the opportunity when you can. Is your friend covering absence for her boss, or is there something else going on?