eqiual pay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know principals of Equal pay but does anyone else think this is reasonable - to equal value, basically a friend was earning £1500 a year less than someone else she did his job in his absense which was post work which was stuffing envelopes, franking envelopes, opening post, mailing list updates. I appriciate before when he worked in the old building she was a receptionist but when the firm migrated to one whole office her role went back to what she should have been like everyone else. She did a little bit of phone work too but he was not allowed, is this a good example.?

can you give their job titles/descriptions, and by how much do their roles actually differ? For example, if I go on holiday, my deputy does some of my work for me, she earns £12K less than me, but it is only a bit of holiday cover - and she is being developed into my role, so you have to take the opportunity when you can. Is your friend covering absence for her boss, or is there something else going on?