louisekatty

partner moving in but he has no fixed address????????

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3581 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi i am new to all this so please bare with me.

my story:

i am a single mum and on all the single parent benefits,and i am thinking of asking my BF to move in the problem is, i have been friends with him for years and in this time he has had no fixed address and he has been using my address for his post while he was working etc.

the the past few months he has not been working or claiming benefits, and as our friendship grew into more i would like him to live with me and my children, but i dont know how to go about it :|

he cant prove where he has been living and because he has been using my address for mail it looks like he has been living with me-which he hasn't but how do i prove that or will it not matter??? im really confused and want to do the right thing by the law, but i dont want to be penalized either.

many thanks in advance for any advice given :D

Just ring Income Support, tell them the date he is moving in and they will close your claim. If you are a lone parent then you will have no grounds to claim for him unless you are pregnant and within eleven weeks of having your baby, so it doesnt matter if he is working or not, they will not ask you for his previous address, they will just close the claim down. If you ring after he has moved in then there will be an overpayment.

Just read he isnt working, he would have to claim ESA or JSA for you both.

Edited by MIKEY DABODEE
misread

WOOO hold on, i know some-one in a similar situ and she has now got to pay back EVERY penny, despite having proof he wasn't living there, i'd go through welfare rights and get it water tight before you do anything!!! seriously you need to be very very careful it's cost her thousands, she even lost her appeal even though they had absolutely no evidence he had been there. They do everything based on the balance of probabilities (more like possiblities) welfare rights is the only way to go!!!!!

Rbs £114 + contractual at 29.84% I won total=£125 no laughing it's a win

Don't moan about it DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT :D

The OP said the friend hadnt moved in as yet and if he does then all she will have to do is ring in and the claim will be closed.... Lots of people close their claims everyday and nothing more is thought about it

But If there is more then the friend just using the address for mail then Hadenough I agree she should see welfare rights and think carefully before continuing with her claim to IS on the grounds of a lone parent.

Edited by MIKEY DABODEE