Wescott Debt Collectors

steve76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

I am currently in an IVA and part of that debt was an overdraft with my wife ( which we owed around £2000 ) , However my wife did not enter the IVA as all the debt was in my name

This debt has been passed onto Wescott and they had been sending letters asking full payment etc etc etc but eventually they settled for £20 a month ( I agreed to this to prevent my wife having to take full blunt of it having already being stressed to the max ) , we have missed a payment and now Wescott have sent a letter with threats of court action or doorstep collections

I know its only £20 a month but we are struggling to even repay this amount , im tempted to just send a letter asking them to take me to court and let a judge decide if i can afford to pay as our outgoings leave us a pitence to live on

what power do Wescott have ??

Westclots have no power at all. If it came to the crunch, they would have to let a judge decide because all they can do is pester, harass, bully then throw their toys out of the pram.

You pay them what you can afford. They cannot demand it from you. So long as you are paying something (with or without their agreement) there is bu**er all they can do without going to court.

Work out what you need to live on (and a bit extra to have a life) then see what's left.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

£1 a month is the token payment, and is all you should really be paying Wetcloths, they only spend it on sweets..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

We do have some letters to send them if they do turn up but as you can tell from the previous posters, they are a joke and their doorstep collectors also have no power. I always say, bring two strong people as my doorstep is huge :-)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Even more pointless if you haven't got a doorstep!:heh:

They only use that threat to fill up the page they get the computer to print out!

Alternatively, send them a photograph of your doorstep...:photo:[ATTACH=CONFIG]22373[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22374[/ATTACH]

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

And also collecting your doorstep is Theft and Criminal Damage :lol:

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Threats is all they can manage...They'd look pretty stoopid in front of a judge if you're paying all you can afford. Contrary to what any financial oragnisation (and I use the term in the loosest possible way) you are actually allowed an amount in your I & E for leisure ;)