JSA weekly payments?!

Dreadnought
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is my second time on JSA and it all seems to have changed!

Previously I was required to attend the Jobcentre once a fortnight to sign on and I was getting paid with the same time frame. However, in this new claim I am being asked to attend every week, and getting paid every week! It wouldn't bother me other than I have to travel to the Jobcentre on public transport that costs ~£5 each time I go.

In my previous claim, if I had to go every week for any reason, I would receive the money back on the days where I didn't sign on. This isn't happening this time as I have to sign every week!

Does anyone else get paid weekly or is it only me?

Thank you for any information that is forthcoming!

Dreadnought

Strange.

When I started on JSA back in February I was as you say signing on every 2 weeks. Once I hit the 13 weeks it was weekly and now as I have gone past the 6 months it has gone back to 2 weeks. Saying that this is the first time I have signed on.

That's very strange, I've been signing on now just coming up 5 months, and have been signing on for the past 2 months every week, If I where you Dreadnought I'd check that out and ask they why they require you to sign on weekly, is JSA the only benefit you are receiving?

The guy upstairs seriously has a problem with me.. Nothing seems to go right!!!:|

There's a number of reasons why you might be asked to come in weekly but the payment being made weekly (unless the local policy allows it) is strange. It may be that as you sign every week they are entering that evidence into the machine every week forcing a payment to be generated.

More importantly, you are required to attend fortnightly on either a P or an R cycle. If you are called in for a mandatory appointment outside of your day and/or cycle then you can request the fares be reimbursed at the interview.

It might be a good idea when you are next there to query these appointments and the reimbursement of fares and that should trigger some sort of explanation to you.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks