focus243

EQUIDEBT - claiming I have made a payment when I have not

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3592 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have not paid any payment to Equidebt since Jan 09 when account went into dispute because they could not provide a valid CCA.

I have not paid any money, to them or to the OC and just sent the usual Account in Dispute letter and didn't here from them again.

However I have recieved a letter today, thanking me for my recent payment to the OC, which has now been credited to my account. Also they said I havn't got an agreed repayment plan with them and to get in touch to arrange one. If I ignore them they may take legal action against me. In future I must send payments to them not the OC.

Please can somebody advise me what to do, as I havn't paid anything to them or the OC for nearly 22 months. Should I send account in Dispute letter again, and what about this alleged payment of £14.00 they are saying I paid.

Many Thanks

It sounds like they're simply phishing, if the account is still in dispute re the non produced cca then I would be tempted to simply ignore them. They're just trying to engage you in the hope you'll give them something.

Think about it logically, you've made no payment since 2009 (if you hadn't made any payment for 6 years then yes be concerned that a payment has been applied to your account but this does not apply to you here)

, the account is in dispute, they want you to talk to them but you don't have to talk to them......so, new tactics etc...

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Focus 243....HI...........standard tactic from DCAs they generally do this when an account is close to being Statute Barred,which is not applicable in your case needs to be 6 years of no payment and no acknowledgement of the debt,so I guess they are trying to establish that you have made payments.Write to Equidebt and ask them why they dealing with an account that is in dispute with OC and has been in dispute since Jan 09 they must be aware this is illegal and suggest they send the account back to the OC.Also write to the OC and ask them to confirm the date the £14 was paid into the account that is in dispute and by who.Ignore the repayment plan part of their letter(note they say they MAY take legal action)..............good luck....FS