Citi-Cabot-Herewego!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4844 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my OH recently received a letter from Cabot telling they had bought account from Citi, NOA of same date arrived in same envelope - wot a surprise!

Cabot letter says should still deal with DCA who had tried to recover for Citi - is this allowed?

OH is going to send CCA request, should this go to Cabot?

Plenty posts regarding antics of this combo, so want to want to set off on right foot, any help / advice welcome.

SH :???:

Hi,

I gather from your first line that you have read a bit about Citi and Cabot:-)

The CCA request should go to Cabot and include a £1 Postal Order(which they will send back)

Dependant on how old this account is will determine whether you get an agreement back or not. Citi are not known to be forthcoming with agreements.

There are plenty of us in the same boat as you so you are in good hands

Fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

It has been alleged that some unscrupulous DCA's will take a signature from a letter OR CHEQUE and photoshop it onto a blank agreement. Now I would never suggest that Cabot(or Citi) would stoop that low:| but better safe than sorry.

Make sure the letter goes by Recorded Delivery as we have had reports that DCA's are denying receiving letters sent by normal post

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

as siverfox predicted, they've returned the postal order

interesting that they say they've had to refer back to citi for the agreement, now shouldn't they have made sure they got this from citi when they bought the alleged debt? cant wait to see what it looks like (pre 2000!)

to further highlight their ineptitude, they cant even get the balance right, having conveniently forgotten the payments the OH had been making to previous citi DCA.....no surprises there.

they say they'll write again if not able to supply within 12 days, who cares, it's their time /money they'll be wasting........tick, tock, tick, tock.....

i'll keep you posted

SH :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

a quick update.....

cabot couldn't produce any kind of agreement within the prescribed timescale, so the OH sent the 'account in dispute' letter off.

they've written on several occasions since advising that OC is having some difficulty locating the agreement (i'll bet!) and because the alleged "debt remains legally due" (based upon what exactly?) they recommend that OH contacts them to arrange payments ...needless to say OH declined and we'll wait and see what the agreement says!

they seem intent on reporting to CRA's, so will be having a look at that shortly to see if anything underhand is going on.

in between all that, had a letter from the original DCA (CDUK) protesting that OH should contact them to make arrangements to pay them, seems like their client had cut them out the loop!.....sent them a 'bemused' letter.

early days and already lots to complain about.......

They are quite correct when they say the debt is due. They just can't enforce it via the courts.

Reporting to your credit file is allowed. So long as what they are saying is a true reflection of the account, there is nothing to be done about it

hi fox,

without a properly executed agreement, DN, TN, DOA, etc, cant see anything which entitles cabot to anything at this point, so we are inclined to just sit back and wait and see, what do you think?

'tween the 3 of them (citi/cabot/cduk), i'm sure the hole will just get bigger & muddier.

cheers

SH

• 1 month later...

Well they (cr*pbot) eventually sent a reconstitured version cca, no mention of why it has been reconstructed or whether they actually hold the original executed agreement, which seems highly unlikely since this was originally an associates account which was later taken over by citi. I have sent letter informing that I still consider account to be in dispute.

Still no sign of the DOA - they have informed that this is a sensitive document and is not available to me, is there any way of extracting this from them without having to go through CPR (or scot equivalent)? I queried the authenticity of the 'noa' which was attached to their original letter of introduction, asked them to provide copy from citi, still nothing. I wouldn't have thought that this was sufficient although they still assert that they have proven they now own and are legally entitled to enforce this account - can anyone advise?

They're now threatening to instruct an external DCA or solicitor to commence legal action (see attached), has anyone had similar, is this another standard threatogram or should this be taken a bit more seriously?

They've also stated in a recent letter that OH signed the agreement, although continue to refuse to provide a copy, which I understand may be breach of CPUTRegs, can anyone confirm and how best to deal with this?

Comments & advice always welcome.

Cheers

SHcabot-0055.pdf

Edited by Sare Heid
correction

Hi gettingsorted,

Will watch your thread with interest to see how you get on.

Have you had a letter similar to the one I attached in post #14?, not quite sure how seriously this should be taken or where to go from here.

Cheers

SH

Not had that one yet ! probably the next one as in the last letter they said they would not discuss the matter any further.

Its good to know (well not good but you know what I mean) that there are other people fighting the same battle as I am ! Keep us all posted.

:roll:

Citi are distinctly lacking in the paperwork department - there are a number of us in this situation here and on the Citi forum. I am waiting for them to put one of these agreements in front of a judge! I would not worry but it may be worth a SAR request to Citi -details below (I presume it is a Credit Card) and template attached to post

SAR Request

Subject access request letter attached to send with £10 postal order - send recorded delivery and sign over the dotted area at the bottom. They have 40 days to reply. They have 40 days to reply. Adapt the last paragraph to give any previous addresses that the OC may have and attach a copy of a utility bill or they will write back and ask for one.

Send to:

The Data Controller

Citi Cards Services

CitiFinancial Europe plc

PO Box 49920

London

SE5 7ZF

General SAR template.doc

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate