Jump to content

Please Please help me


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I am posting on here for the first time, a friend of mine reccommended this website, and told me someone maybe able to help me.


Over the weekend I received a letter from a company called Phillips "Specialist baliff and debt recovery agents" who have advised me that tjey will be coming to my premises without "Further Warning" and I must pay an outstanding debt of £1,804.92 and I had 7 days from the date of the letter to pay the outstanding amount in full (4th october). I had been away the previous week so didnt get the letter until sunday night, This debt is for HSBC bank and from what I can remember of it, will be by and large mainly bank charges, I am sorry if this post isnt making much sense as I am really distressed at the moment, somebody has told me that once the debt is six years old, HSBC can no longer chase me for it, the debt is close to ten years if not older, is this true...Any advice would be recieved with heartfelt thanks, as I am epileptic, and been under considerable stress since sunday night. Many thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi............I will give you some pointers,If the debt is over 6 years old and you have not made any payments or acknowledged this debt with HSBC during the same period it becomes Statute Barred and not collectable.................Phillips baliff,they need a court order to call and demand anything.....Question is there a CCJ in place over this debt??????????if not should the baliff call you call the police..........As this is a bank account you cannot send a CCA,but as you seem to be in doubt regarding dates and what the amount of the debt is made up of,send HSBC a SAR cost £10 postal order send recorded (template on this site) they have 40 days to reply,ask for ALL DATA THEY HOLD AND ALL STATEMENTS,which they will try and restrict to 6 years,the statements will enable you determine exactly how much of the debt are made up of charges which you can claim back and when the debt was last paid.MOST IMPORTANT I REPEAT IF YOU HAVE PAID NOTHING OR ACKNOWLEDGED THE DEBT FOR A PERIOD OF 6 years forget the SAR just tell HSBC to file the debt details where the sun dont shine???There are other issues which can be used your health for example STRESS YOU DO NOT NEED..........I hope the 6 year ruling solves your problem with HSBC in one go............all the best....FS

Edited by firstship
Link to post
Share on other sites


Unless you have a county court judgement against you, Phillips are acting in a debt collecting role and not a bailiff role.


As Firstship has said, Statute Barred




Send them the above by recorded delivery and if anyone attempts to doorstep you, tell em to foxtrot oxcar.

If you want letters to politely tell them to foxtrot oscar-just shout :-)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...