MYDHNL not able to pick up from their depo

doggiebag
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

MYDHNL that they had called but missed me, I had no idea that they were calling to make a delivery. It as a bit of luck that the card was still there when I got home last week.

Tried to get into their website to change delivery date. The site gave me alternative days for delivery but I needed to at home from 8am to 8pm or I could pick item up from there depot. Made the journey there today to depot to pick up item as I could not wait in all day for a package to be delivered. Took me an hr to get to their depot and when I got there I was told that I could not pick my item up as I had to make an appointment to do that. I said that I could not wait in all day for a delivery then she keep on saying that I did not pay for a morning or afternoon delivery but I told that the delivery was free with the order then she well what do you want to do. I travelled an hour the depot to collect my purchased and I was really getting very annoyed with this service.

I was told you can either make another delivery date or come back tomorrow and pick it up or send it back. I was really cross when she come back again as I had spent an hr travelling to get it from them. I told her to send it back but I would be complaining about their service.

I want to complain to Amazon but cannot find anywhere on their website to do this. Any suggestion please.

I find it annoying that Amazon never dsplay the delivery price until youa re right at the check out whereas many sites the delivery charge is clear. I would do the same and send it back as I have no patience with morons!

Thank you Surfer01 for reply, on the amazon website it said free delivery and I purchased on that basic but when I got to the HOME DELIVERY NETWORK LTD in Wembley today to pick up the item as I could not wait in from 8am to 8pm that was why I went there, but when they would or could not let me have my purchase, and wanted to spend anothere couple of hrs travelling to collect it tomorrow I said send it back.

I want to make a complain to amazon but cannot find anywhere on their website to do this...would you know how I could make a complain to to Amazon about the company that they are using on their website as there is no contact number on their site. :roll:

I may be mistaken but if you asked for the free delivery you may have committed yourself to having something like £45 deducted from your current account within the next few days. I suggest you do a search on this site and see if I am correct.

I may be mistaken but if you asked for the free delivery you may have committed yourself to having something like £45 deducted from your current account within the next few days. I suggest you do a search on this site and see if I am correct.

why would I have £45 deduction from my account. On amazon sit it say the item would be fee delivery so I cannot understand why a deduction of £45 comes from.............

why would I have £45 deduction from my account. On amazon sit it say the item would be fee delivery so I cannot understand why a deduction of £45 comes from.............
Surfer01 was just checking you hadn't inadvertently signed up to Amazon Prime:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_lnav_dyn?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200182130

Thaks for that I seen that services on Amazon website and did not take up the offer.

It was annoying to go to pick up my item and after travelling so far to get it from the depot that has not got a clue how to run a business'.

Surely they could have employed a few more people for christmas and get their storage sorted out. It is not like that there is a shortage of people that needs employment or some on job experiences. What is wrong with these employers now a days have they got no savvy. Organisation like this seems to out to get the punter for what ever they can for a little as possible but will not give any sort of service that would bring them more work/contracts etc.

Arranging storage in alphabet or numerical order would not be difficult to do and would only take someone out of school looking for extra work for christmas to do this for them at very little cost. :sad: Rant over.....

In all fairness, I'm 99% positive that HDNL do state to contact them to arrange either collection or redelivery on their cards - its been a while since I've had anything delivered from them, but last time I did I arranged to collect using their web portal, then went to the depot.

Also in fairness, most couriers will usually attempt redelivery and so it is not unreasonable that you would be therefore expected to let them know not to and to keep the parcel at the depot.

However, agreed that due to the time that had passed here, it was obviously a jobsworth, as clearly the parcel will have been at the depot.

In my experience HDNL are the worst courier.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Thanks all for help.

Got my delivery this evening and i have got to give credit where it is due Amazon was got it sorted for me straight away and a wonderful delivery person got it to me.

I still think though that the depot should have been sorted out for customer to be able to pick purchased up when they go there for them.

Well happy and hope it works now.....