Mortgage interest payments

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3625 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

my partner and I receive the pension credit guarantee. We also receive help with our mortgage interest payments.

If we start paying some monthly amounts off the mortgage capital will this disqualify us from receiving the mortgage interest payments help?

Edited by Ted99

have you looked at directgov website you may find answer their...personally i would think that if you have the money to pay off the capital would think they would take a dim view of paying the interest...but that is only a personal opinion NOT the law

You would still get help with your mortgage interest payments, the monthly amount paid to you would stay the same untill your mortgage review is done, then when the MI12 comes back from your lender and this shows that the balance has gone down, ie you have paid of some of the capital as stated, then you would get help on the balance that remains

If you paid large sums off the mortgage then they may be questions to where the capital has come from if it were IS, I dont know the rules on capital for Pension Credit I would agree

with debt4get check out the website

Hi

Thanx for the replies.

I'll check the site out thanx though I have to say that official sites for benefits 'info' seem to raise more questions than they answer. Even when you ring these departments its extremely difficult to try and find anyone who has the smallest grasp of the system they are employed to operate.

Clarity unfortunately is not a regular feature of our benefits system.

Incidently, it wouldn't be large sums, just smallish amounts we have tried to save that would show our mortgage company that we are making all efforts to clear the debt.