Is JSA overpaying us?

Crossstitchamy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wondering if someone could help me.

Right we had 3 Letters from them. 2 of them was to say what we will be getting a £100 a week to my bank account and the other was for my partner and its says he getting the £60 odd a week paid to his post office account.

Now i'm not sure if he should be getting the extra £60 odd a week or not.

what they have done is that they have used our details from the past and putting money in my bank account from then luckily i still have this bank account.

and they also using my partners details and somehow putting money into that as well.

Now if we are getting this extra money i will need to check first as he lost his post office account ages ago i will have to sort that out.

do we have to pay it back if it is in there?

are we supposed to be getting that £60 as well?

cheers

A joint claim to JSA should be paying £102.75 per week. There can be a elements attached - disability for example, but this would not amount to an additional £60 per week.

If the overpayment is a result of their error with no input from either you or your partner they cannot make you pay it back. To enforce recovery of an overpayment, they need to show that it was the result of a claimant's misrepresentation or failure to declare a material fact.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Without seeing the letters this is very difficult to work out.

Erika is right (she's always right :-)) about the amount for your claim so my question would probably be "have you just become a couple and was he getting JSA in his own right before?"

no my partner hasn't claimed JSA for quite a few years.

we have been a couple for years and have now been able to go onto jobseekers as a couple due to our circumstances.

we got 2 usual letters of the same the usual meaning how much we will get into what account and then a seperate one as if he is claiming as a single.

thanks for the answers