Confusing Response From MBNA?

RuthT
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having sent my SAR's request to MBNA on the 15th August, I was surpirsed by their swift but somewhat confusing response.

Their response letter read;

Thank you for your letter dated August 15, 2006, which we received on August 18, 2006. We are currently investigating your complaint and will send you a full response by September 14, 2006.

They then go on to say that if I have any queries in the mean time to call a chap by the name of Stephen Bailey.

Obviously this is just a standard response. However, my original letter was as I stated a request for SAR's not a complaint.

Is this their standard response? What should I expect next? Are they likely to fulfill my request, or are they just stalling?

I would be interested to hear from others that have recieved this sort of response.

Many thanks

Ruth T

I have had the same letter i think i will send something to stephen bailey and ask him to comply with my SAR.

• Confused 1

First Direct Data Protection 5/06/06

SETTLED IN FULL 23/08/06. £4412.30 charges plus 8% interest and court costs .

OH Halifax Data Protection 05/05/06

SETTLED IN FULL 23/08/06 charges plus 8% interest and court costs £738.78

MBNA SSettled in Full before court action.

Yorkshire Bank - Pre lim stage

Royal Bank of Scotlcand pre lim stage

Argos Card Services pre lim stage

Hi Spartan & English Rose, many thanks for your responses. I think MBNA are playing games with us, - however the clock is ticking and they are only delaying the inevitable.

I will keep the forum posted with my progress (or lack of it!).

Many thanks

Ruth T

I'm still waiting for my response although I'm glad to hear they responded realtively quickly to you just to confirm that it was safely received. I hope you get a quick resolution to your problems with them.

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

Ruth

FWIW it seems MBNA are taking or at least have taken a diffrent line compared with thelikes of the abbey.

They seem to supply the info for the last six years and send out a goodwill payment pretty quickly.

However, if like me you want all the statmeents write and reminmd them and dont let them off the hook.

Personally i think we shoild stick to our timeline even if they do play nicely for a bit. IMHO they do this to try to prevent you claiming interest and of course to keep out of court.

JMHO

GLenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Having sent my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s request to MBNA on the 15th August, I was surpirsed by their swift but somewhat confusing response.

Their response letter read;

Thank you for your letter dated August 15, 2006, which we received on August 18, 2006. We are currently investigating your complaint and will send you a full response by September 14, 2006.

They then go on to say that if I have any queries in the mean time to call a chap by the name of Stephen Bailey.

Obviously this is just a standard response. However, my original letter was as I stated a request for S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s not a complaint.

Is this their standard response? What should I expect next? Are they likely to fulfill my request, or are they just stalling?

I would be interested to hear from others that have recieved this sort of response.

Many thanks

Ruth T

I got exactly the same reply format to my SAR this week.

I'm just leaving them to it and we'll see what turns up next.

Stick to the timeline and the plan and claim every penny, including lost interest.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

• 3 months later...

Hi ya, got the same letter. But then received an offer in full and final settlement of £230. Also received a printout of transactions instead if statements which totalled my charges as £370.

Please also be aware of their sly tactic of mentioning the closure of account if you fail to comply with their T&C's. This is cleverly worded and doesnt necessarily mean they will close it if you go for your full claim of charges prior to their rate reduction. Only if you pursue for charges after.

;) Life is too short. Appreciate the big things that seem small!