awx

Wonga - payent plan - then they cleaned out my bank account.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3586 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys,

I set up a repayment plan with wonga. The random number they have decided my original 825 quid loan debt stands is £1374.85. I had a payment arrangement set up to start on Sep 24th. On this day I manually transferred 100 quid to them as I was supposed to. Forgot all about it, as the next one is due 25th October. To cut a long story short, they have helped themselves to a further 647.38 in 3+ transactions. What the **** do these people think they are doing? I am now in rent arrears. What should I do? Break off the arrangement? Carry on? Give them a call? I'm at my wits end with these people :|

Any help appreciated.

Hi I would get on to your bank and see if you can get the money back as it was not authorised.

As get onto Wonga, they (I think) have taken money from your account without your permission and it was not the amount agreed.

Saying that they have your details now as you paid via internet so it shows all your details.

I would also cancel your card that you made payment by as they now have these details.

I only pay Wonga via their bank account direct through the bank and make a point of going to the bank to pay it as then they do not have my any of my details.

I hope someone else will be along to help you soon.

Tell Wonga via email that you will be holding them responsible should you lose your home as they may have committed fraud by using your details without consent.

Have you got a copy of the arrangment that you set up with them?

If you have then I would forward them a copy and make it quite clear that until the money that they have taken is repaid immediately then you will have no alternative but to take action. Also mention that as they have done that you will be paying cash into their bank account from now on.

from my experience there is nothing you can do unless the bank agree to refund the money which 99% of the time they do not. Stop paying and request confirmation that your balance is clear and no further payments will be taken. Cancel your current debit card and request a new one just in case they try and help themselevs for more.

Cancel your current debit card and request a new one just in case they try and help themselevs for more.

I would like to add that sometimes cancelling the card and ordering a new one does not stop them taking money from your account as my wife and Nat West can verify. She had a penny in her account and they managed to take out 3 pounds putting her 2.99 overdrawn and NW said there would be charges for being overdrawn. NW couldnt explain how it was allowed to happen, but closed the account at our request and refunded the OD charges.

To the OP, I am sure there is something about then taking money and thus "putting you into hardship" as a result on a thread here.

WONGA are getting a very bad name here.

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..