Unfair parking ticket???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks recenlty attended an auction sale on an industrial estate. Car park was full and there were cars chocked up on pavements. We thought we were lucky when we found a spot round the corner basically a footpath wide grass verge and the odd bush. From memory there was a wall to a depot parallel to the verge which was quite high. When we got back we, and 99% of other vehicles had been ticketed. Now I do not know how roads work on industrial estates but as far as I was concerned they would not be typical places to be ripe for a ticket! There were some areas with single yellow lines (the main stretch) there may have also been double. Now the first thing I did was to look for a notice and to be fair there was one, but quite high up and not really at what I would call a fair 'eye catching' distance from the car. Also mostly small print. You would be forgiven for thinking it was referring to the parking spaces relating to that building! I will try to get a picture of the place in question but it is about 1/2 hour away and we had no camera on the day... The ticket is below, although admittedly not very helpful! Only thing is in the 'carpark' space it has company name and area however we definitely were not on what I would define as a carpark! I don't want to ignore and end up in court or paying more than nescesary but I am willing to fight if the general concensous is that we have been treated unfairly.. Search olly-k on photobucket for a piccy of the ticket. Thanks, Olly.

Who issued the ticket. The council (or on their behalf) or a private contractor, or the police/traffic warden/PCSO?

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

It is not a parking ticket then. It is a worthless piece of paper and can be ignored. They will send you a series of 'worry-o-grams' all claiming that the 'debt' has now increased and we will etc etc etc, all hogwash. DO NOT pay and DO NOT respond in any way. They WILL give up and go away after a few letters.

Sorry folks yes I tried originally to post a piccy of the ticket and assumed all the info was valid... It is a Parking Charge Notice issued by carparkmanagement for failure to provide a necessary permit. IMO it was a licence to take the **** as we weren't obstructing and I am not even sure if the road was private or not! Not sure if I like the idea of ignoring are there any known examples of people getting in to worse trouble this way?

No none. They will write, many times, pretending to be debt collecttors or even solicitors and will offer you one more chance, a last chance, a final chance, a last ever chance of all chances before court action chance of chances, a final final final last ever never to be repeated chance, etc etc etc. All complete bullsh!t and they will eventually give up. As tempting as it may be, never respond to them at all.