Sony Playstation 3 'Continuous Play' Protection Plan issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope this is the right forum but here goes:

I took out Sony's Playstation 3 'Continuous Play' Protection Plan on 17/6/09 which is a scheme that basically insures your Playstation 3 after the warranty expires for as long as you pay the £4.99 a month premium. The Policy is underwritten by Domestic & General.

How it works:

If your console breaks down, you ring Sony's Continuous Play number to make a claim. They then arrange a replacement console to be exchanged for your broken one normally within 2 working days. The one they replace it with is a refurbished model of the same model/spec.

My PS3 is 2.5 years old and stopped working on 1st October.

4th October - I rang Continuous Play (CP) to log claim. They arranged delivery of replacement for 5th October.

5th October - No replacement was delivered so phoned CP late afternoon to chase. Was told that there had been a problem setting up delivery and that 'according to their system' they had 'tried to call me twice to advise me that they were unable to deliver on the 5th. I was home all day on the 5th awaiting delivery, CP had my mobile and home number. Neither phone rang. No messages left. The guy I spoke to was rude and off-hand. He told me that the delivery had been rearranged for 6th October.

6th October - No replacement was delivered so phoned CP late afternoon to chase again. The person I spoke to told me that the delivery hadn't been rearranged for the 6th, instead, it had been arranged for the 7th!

7th October - PS3 exchanged successfully. Replacement PS3 was faulty. Within minutes of being switched on, the cooling fan kicked in at it's fastest speed (sounded like a jet). I rand CP and they arranged for another PS3 exchange for 11th October.

11th October - PS3 exchanged again. Switched on the replacement PS3 and it switched itself off after a couple of minutes. Restarted the console several times and within a minute it just froze requiring power at rear to be turned off. So, again a faulty console.

I rang up CP yet again. This time with a view to complaining. I asked to speak to a manager and the person I spoke to told me that there was no point in speaking to a manager as he was a senior advisor and that a manager would only tell me the same as he would. I explained what had happened and he apologised and wanted to arrange yet another exchange. He said that if they were to investigate then I would likely go weeks without a console. He said I would have a very long wait if I were to take the issue up with Domestic & General. I have refused a 3rd replacement for the time being, in order to get some advice.

This whole situation has really angered and frustrated me. Over the course of 16 months I have spent £80 to protect my PS3. I am supposed to get a working replacement within 2 working days. I am not getting the service I am paying for. On top of that I have wasted 4 days of my time. They have lied to me (supposed phone calls to advise delivery not possible). They messed up 2 deliveries and supplied me with 2 broken consoles as replacements. To be honest, I have no confidence that they can actually supply me with a working console at all as their quality control would appear to be shocking. I am a member of several PS3 forums and my experience is not that unusual. Some people are on their 5th CP PS3.

I would like to know what the best way to proceed with my complaint as ringing them hasn't helped much as yet and what I could realistically expect as an outcome.

Edited by OutsiderLookingIn