bigandyuk1

Philips and a parking ticket is it fraud?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3586 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

Just looking for an opinion on this one really, A friend has come to me with this. Back in 2009 she received a parking ticket and thinking she could ignore it did just that. The council involved chased and as far as I can tell then passed it to Philips to collect. She made an arrangement to pay starting in October 09 by standing order. She thinks the amount to be paid was £100 but last month the payment went out as usual meaning she had now paid £130! She called the council to find out if the parking ticket was now settled or not and they told her they had received nothing from her or Philips and had now written the debt off. She then called Philips who said they had not received any monies from her at all, she then came to me and I have taken a look at her bank account and printed off the statements showing the payments going to PHILIPS COLLECTION each month.

As Philips have had the money but not paid the council and are denying having received it at all and the council now say they have written the debt off, where do I go from here?

Regards

BigandyUK1

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Moved to the Parking Forum.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

I can't understand why this was moved to the parking forum as the issue is with the debt collector not a parking issue...

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

I put it in the parking/traffic forum because I thought it would receive more attention from people who are more aware of Philips' methods.... but if you want it moving back let me know.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

She called the council to find out if the parking ticket was now settled or not and they told her they had received nothing from her or Philips and had now written the debt off.

This is legit I think. The debt is owed to the bailiff, and they in turn owe the Council. If the Council write their debt off, that's between them and Philips, who owe them. If you feel it is unjust, you could tip the council off that you suspect Philips might have withheld monies that could have paid.

She then called Philips who said they had not received any monies from her at all

This should be clarified. If Philips are claiming not to have received it, then the debt still remains and could come back to bite. "Written off", even by Philips, does not mean the debt no longer exists. I would advise sending proof in writing to Philips and having them confirm in writing that they have received it and corrected their records.