• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

confused

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya all. i'm a bit confused with all the changes

they are making with different benefits, my boyfriend

is on income support and middle rate dla, my boyfriend

as a broken neck in which he basically is house bound.

Are they expectin my boyfriend to attend a review to what i can make out have his benefits cut and what would happen if they do cut all his benefits, there is no way he could work again. no one would employ someone

who as a broken neck. my boyfriend is so worried about having his benefits cut. any advise would be grateful

Hi manc girl

Sorry you haven't had any replies. To be honest you don't seem to have particularised exactly what you are wanting to know. There are many changes happening because of the economic state of the country and some of those changes are directed at those on DLA and other benefits.

Are you saying that your boyfriend has received a letter telling him he has to attend a hearing / examination of some sort and that he is unable because he is unable to move out of the house? When is this supposed to happen?

hiya papasmurf, thanks for the reply,My boyfriend hasn't recieved any letters regarding a examination of some sort, i just wanted to no with all these changes happening, will it affect my boyfriend, will he lose all his benefits, will they expect him to work with a broken neck, he is a genuine case like most people out there and its a shame to see the genuine people suffer, i just think my boyfriend should at least be aware of whats going on with all the changes happening. thanks

I wouldn't have thought it likely that someone with a broken neck would have their benefits taken away. But we are all waiting for the axe to fall and wonder where it is going to be. The examinations are being rolled out over a few years.

thanks for that papasmurf, its just a waiting game now i guess, i think alot of people will be worried sick over all this, i no my boyfriend is and i wouldn't like to see him fall in the depression mode but thanks again.

Hey hunni, yes it is just a waiting game. However, don't let it worry you or your boyfriend overly. Having a broken neck is something that everybody recognises as being somewhat detrimental to a working life! In the unlikely event his beneits were cut then both the media and his MP would probably be most interested ...

Best wishes.

Rae

Remember, you can only deal with what is in front of you. Right now no-one really knows what is going to happen and how it will effect them. We are all worried but until your boyfriend actually gets a letter telling him he has an interview or assessment nothing is going to change.

And I am sure that the media etc would be interested in them trying to say that someone with your boyfriend's disability can go out and look for work.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 1 month later...

Hiya everyone, my boyfriend got a letter on 15/11/2010 from the job centre, they wanted a meeting

on 22/11/2010 said it was a mandatory work focussed interview. my boyfriend phoned them up

and explained he as broken neck etc, so they took details about his illness over the phone, then

22/11/2010 he got a phone call from the job centre asking why he didn't show for the meeting,

he explained he phoned them up on 15/11/2010 and gave them details of his illness, they then took

more details from him, they told him he would be recieving a esa50 form, ive downloaded the esa50 form

to preview it, neither my boyfriend nor i have any idea as how to fill it in, my boyfriend finds it difficult to

travel anywhere with his condition so going to the c.a.b. maybe out of the question, as anyone here

got any advice on how we go about filling the form in. thank you

Your local council may have a welfare rights worker or someone from social services who can come out and help. Try giving them a ring.

Otherwise there is a lot of information from others who have had to fill in this form. I think someone may come along with some advice.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 1 month later...

You can ask for any work focused interview to be held at you home, given the inability to attend the Job Centre.

However I am confused. If your other half is being asked to attend a work focused interview and he has a broken neck how can he be getting work focused benefits? If he has told them he cannot work as he has a broken neck he doesn't qualify for JSA or any of the other work focused benefits nor would he be asked to attend a work focused interview? I think your boyfriend is claiming the wrong benefit?

If he is in receipt of ESA [which it sounds to me what he should be getting] then he won't have a work focused interview until after the DWP's doctor has conducted a medical assessment and put him into one of the work focused groups.

You get ESA by filling in a similar form [available on line], get a doctors note supporting his inability to work and they rest is straight forward.

However he wont evade a medical assessment as we all get one of those on ESA [unless you are terminally ill] usually after 13 weeks

If I have read the dates correctly I would seek an application for ESA ASAP, as if I were working for the JCP, I would be woundering why he was getting JSA in the first place? BTW you are only aloud 2 week 'sick' on JSA then they should take you off JSA and you need to apply for a different benefit [ESA]

ESA = Employment Support Allowance

Yep I though so, I have just had a look at the tinternet and the form they sent you is part of ESA.

What you should do is get a GP letters ASAP and make a new claim for ESA

I think what they are trying to do in sending you a ESA50, is to short cut your fella to the Work Capacity Assessment part of ESA.

If you claim now and come off JSA [if its JSA he is claiming] then you can at least get the raining day put off for a while

But unless he gets put into the support group he will eventually have to address his work ability regardless

Edited by Roblynmouth

Hi

I think you have fallen foul of a target programme? Basically all people on invalidity benefits [iB's] are all being put onto Employment and Support Allowance but as its going to take time they are doing this one area at a time [this is set up to look for anybody who has a disability or illness of any kind on their JCP records]. So if partner has told the JCP that he has a broken neck that would have been recorded and that is why they want him to attend.

The outlook isn't very good for many on the old style IB's as the rules are tougher and unless you partner actually has a broken neck it is unlikely that this is going to stop him being told to seek work. However the best thing to do is to either do some Internet trawling to see about the new ESA [which is what i get] or do you have a benefit advice line/center in your area?

Sorry that it sounds hard but that what counts for reality at the mo

If the want him to have a working capacity assessment please post back here and we can possibly give you some advise