• Tweets

• Hello just asking,? I purchased a discount new cooker as it had cosmetic damage, paid £250 After a few days I noticed the fan never went off, I contacted the company and they finally collected the cooker and took it away, ( for 7 days)  And fixed it, It never seamt right? It steamed up in the clock panel and the oven door was mis-lined It had multiple dints in the sides Top panel missing on the door to stop food dropping in, Shelving didn’t fit well Then main fan started to rattle and tap I put up with all this as it was *discounted Then one day whilst cooking we could smell a funny smell  Turns out the wires had melted on the back of cooker  I contacted the company again and it took a lot of phone calls to try and get the problem dealt with, speaking to several different staff.... I wanted a refund or replacement  I had had the cooker 6 months just! I asked for a refund or replacement  I contacted trading standards and citizens advice and they advised me what steps to take! Finally the company offered to replace the cooker, then later changed! As they explained that nothing came in to replace it they were too damaged! ( been told they buy at auction damaged) They wanted to look at the cooker and inspect the damage themselves, so I agreed they collected the cooker, No update, or communication I had to constantly chase them up  Nothing was sorted out with 7 days we had no cooker, I threatened Trading standards were now involved  Last thing on a Friday in June they rang to say I can collect the cooker it’s fixed!!!! I had expressed all along I didn’t feel safe using this cooker anymore with my family  I didn’t want this cooker fixing again ( by whom)  They started to blame me and said I should be grateful they aren’t charging me for the repair!! Still today in August this is not resolved  Trading standards have been useless  Citizens advice have told me to take them to small claims court!???? I have had to purchase another cooker  As I’ve been left without one. I am in a vulnerable situation in life, Im a carer for my husband and have children and have no one to help me sort this mess out!  I am struggling with making the county court claim ? What shall I do? ( sorry for long message) ✨
    • The committee's report is pretty damning, isn't it? The Home Office refused to supply the scientific evidence it said its decisions were based on and you can possibly see Demonic's hand in this - he has form for ignoring select committees.
    • and that facts start to come out 'Inexplicable' failure to quarantine travellers to the UK made pandemic 'far worse', say MPs UK ‘almost unique’ in rejecting border checks in crucial March period – without scientific basis – as hundreds of infected passengers arrived every day   https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-uk-quarantine-travel-cases-deaths-covid-a9653451.html   "Strikingly, it says the Home Office refused to set out any scientific advice to explain the “grave error”, despite repeatedly promising to do so – a stance attacked as “completely unacceptable”."   So even aside from not testing in any way people who returned: "Yvette Cooper, the committee’s chair, said the critical mistake was the decision on 13 March – 10 days before lockdown – “to remove all self-isolation guidance for travellers arriving in the UK”."   "The MPs also pour scorn on the Home Office’s argument that 99.9 per cent of arrivals are obeying requirements to quarantine for two weeks, finally introduced in June. They describe the claim, made by home secretary Priti Patel as “unreliable”, because it appeared to be based only a limited number of compliance checks made and three fines issued."       So not only did Johnsons cronies NOT make any efforts whatsoever to test people returning, and NOT properly check people were self isolating, they actually stopped telling returnees to self isolate for 10 days before the country was locked down as the number of epidemic infections exploded.   Wonder why?   "The committee’s inquiry heard that, in the crucial 10 days between scrapping isolation guidance and the lockdown, up to 10,000 infected people arrived."  
    • You can pay on the day of travel or by midnight the next charging day..   Appeal to TfL on the grounds that you have already paid within the allowed time and enclose proof of payment.
    • Hi Andy should  try to sttle for A minimum f&F ?? Also what happens to older credit card debts in probate that we have all discarded??
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
PDawn

Moorcroft - letters to deceased demanding payment o2 debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3567 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

Can anyone give me advice re Moorcroft Debt Recovery tactics please?

My mother has opened a letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery addressed to my father who died last year. They are demanding money allegedly owed to phone company 02. It appears that even though my brother informed 02 that my father had died a few days after his death and my mother no longer wished to continue the phone contract the 'debt' which is claimed is almost £500 has been passed to Moorcroft. My father did not owe a penny so I have no idea how this sum has been reached.

I have advised my mum not to worry as the letter is not addressed to her, but the letter is threatening court action/baliffs. Had I seen the letter, I would have returned it unopened marked 'deceased' and 'not at this address'. Advice please as mum is in no position to pay such a large amount, even if dad owed it in the first place.

My advice would be to send a letter, does not really matter whether from you or your Mother informing Moorcroft that the person to who the letter is addressed died a while ago and further inform them that the OC (o2) had been informed at the time.

Should they insist by writing any further, come back onto CAG and there will be further assistance available.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

http://www.thebereavementregister.org.uk/

Add your fathers details onto the bereavement register also.

Contact O2 and tell them in no uncertain terms that unless they call off their chosen third party threat monkey, you will seek legal advice with a view to suing for damages against both O2 and Moorcr@p.

As you say IF there were any liability owed, then they should have put in a vested interest when Probate was being granted, as they didn't they lose. tough cheddar.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi,

I am the brother mentioned by the O.P. We entered dad's details onto the bereavement register a few days after he died - almost a year ago now. As Dad's estate consisted largely of their home and very little else, we were advised that there was no need to go to probate as Mum was the sole beneficiary, and as far as we knew he had no debts. However it strikes me as strange that they have taken until now to try and reclaim the "debt". Do you think they are "trying it on"?

Rob - reclaiming what's mine :)

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent to Smile 9/10/2006

Partial repayment - £1700

My sincere condolences to you and your family. You've been through enough without dealing with this.

Press office a very good idea, if they have one. You should mention other DCA blunders, the most sick one I've heard about was the case of Beryl Brazier.

DCAs chasing deceased people is not uncommon. They're amazing at what depths they will sink to.

My personal reply would be to write to Moorcr@p and give them my relative's new address :) Not to everyone's taste of course. (Please exscuse my SOH but I've had a bit of a run in years ago with these bunch of numpties).

• Confused 1

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Have you had a read of this? - I am sure you have, but just as a reference point:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/ManagingDebt/DebtsAndArrears/DG_10013093

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Hi there

Please don't take this in the wrong way as it's not intended to belittle the serious nature of your post at a distressing time -- however with DCA's like moorcr@p it's always worth "Baiting" them.

In addition to the suggestions outlined in previous posts such as harassement etc also send their letter back with a statement saying that the person concerned DOES NOT LIVE at the this address any more so please in future address all correspondence regarding this matter to her current address C/O "The Holy Ghost, Heaven" and then let them get on with it.

Knowing moorcr@p with their "pre-pubescent teen" and other "divisions" they will probably try to send it to that address too.

Cheers

jimbo

St. Paul has better things to do than to take a sack of mail to the Almighty :D

The big GR is busy as well, or at least he was when I bumped into him in February ;)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

Thanks, I didn't expect such a response to my question.:-) I'll get together with my bro in a couple of days and devise a suitable reply to Moorcr@p & Co. I'll keep you posted if there are any further developments.

PD x

That's what CAG's here for to help people tackle unjust situations.

Hopefully the next development will be a letter of apology from 02 together with confirmation that this has sorted once and for all and that Moorcroft have been told to close the file.

Update as promised. Moorcr@p have now left a message on Mum's answerphone asking my dead father to ring them. I rang explaining he was deceased but was told they couldn't discuss anything with me as it was a 'data protection matter' and they needed to speak with the person concerned. Doh, dimwits! :evil: Mum was distressed at first but has decided that if they ring again to take babybear and jimbo's advice and give them the cemetary address. :wink:

Well that is cause for a major complaint.

OFT/TS/MP/PRESS/BBC Watchdog.

OFT&TS Via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

Local MP Via http://www.writetothem.com/

The Press Via http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/article240522.ece

BBC Watchdog http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

Credit Services Association (of which these fools are members) http://www.csaconsumers-uk.com/page/i-have-a-complaint

If they continue to ring, report them to your local Police station for harassment. P.S. they don't know how to spell data protection least of all understand what it entails, morons..:noidea:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Absolutely. This's outrageous.

When you write to 02 I'd get them to investigate this has they'll no doubt have a department which liaises with DCA's and I'm sure they'd be interested in this astonishing ability to act with such insensitivity.

Utter disgrace.

Awww I can't get into their website without a reference number :( Was going to see if they had a press officer and was going to tell them that I'm a journalist. They're no fun...

Awww I can't get into their website without a reference number :( Was going to see if they had a press officer and was going to tell them that I'm a journalist. They're no fun...
enquiries@moorgroup.com

http://www.moordebt.com/contact/enquire.asp

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Dare I ? ;)

Here's 2 people from Moorcr@p you can contact via email (Trust me these work as they emailed back when I refused to deal with them in writing)

paulahuddart@moorgroup.com

jamesbrough@moorgroup.com

They are compliance officers. I would not phone them if they will only speak to somebody that's dead (Which is vile and nasty)

EDIT: Dunno why the space is in the first addy

Here's 2 people from Moorcr@p you can contact via email (Trust me these work as they emailed back when I refused to deal with them in writing)

paulahuddart@moorgroup.com

jamesbrough@moorgroup.com

They are compliance officers. I would not phone them if they will only speak to somebody that's dead (Which is vile and nasty)

EDIT: Dunno why the space is in the first addy

The site does the space thingy...

When I'm bored I might email them later :)

Edited by babybear39
too many laters :)

Another thing I advise? When you do email them? ALWAYS request read receipts where possible and if you have to? Keep emailing. I did to they probably got fed up. ;)

Is all good. I'm patient, you have to be if you're a journalist :)

It's no secret about who I am anyway ;)

Result! Wrote to 02 and emailed Moorcr@p. As suspected, no reply from latter but received an apology for the distress caused from 02 agreeing account was closed at the time of my father's death so there is nothing owing. Hmm, they may not have heard the last of me though. My mum was really upset by this and apology or not, I'm still angry. :mad2:

As indeed you should be.

Glad to hear it's resolved to a point.

Be nice to have an explanation as to why it happened in the first place - did they offer one at all?

Guest Cartaphilus

I think that as well, because what they've done is ... inexcusable.

Edited by Cartaphilus
Shortened my post.