HSBC took money from my savings account

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5122 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

to pay off my overdraft!!!:evil: I am furious! Can they do that?

So I went to the bank withdraw all money from savings account and an extra £100 over my limit from my current account...

Does anyone have any ideas what to do now?

Thanks

V.

Some have said that this practice of "offsetting" is apparently legal, provided all accounts involved are in the same name, and the amounts balance out. Which is slightly odd, since IIRC ofsetting (or something suspiciously like it) is specifically listed in Schedule 2 of UTCCR.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

Thanks for that.I have checked out Schedule2 and it does mention about offsetting...but since there's £0 on my current account, there is no chance they'll put the money back, is it?

Once i start claiming my charges back with HSBC, will mention that they repeatedly broke the law (including this little act).

v.

Yeh natwest did the same to me a couple years ago, left me broke as well. I reme ber begging them to let me have some of my money I was had nothing.

Gits wouldnt.

Anyway Im gona have the last laugh as I am claimign all my charges from them totalling £1550

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

ha ha, why are you from Wales then? PM me if you want

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full