emily60

ESA appeal

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3586 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I'm new to the site. I'm my son's appointee. Reading this thread is making me wonder if I'm wasting my time as you all have so much evidence of your illnesses and yet you're still having to go to appeal. My son scored 0 at his medical and I'm in the process of colecting evidence for the appeal. He has no physical disability and no info. was available about his mental health. He was adopted by us at 18 months and we think he may have fetal alcohol syndrome. He has symptoms of Asperge's but has never been diagnosed as he will not accept there is anything wrong with him. He hasn't worked for 10 years since leaving school apart from with us in a family business when we helped him and "covered" for his inability to work. With the right training and support which is the whole purpose of ESA he could work for an employer willing to make allowances.

It's such an uphill battle I wonder if he'd be better off back on JSA, but not if there'll be more pressure put on him to find work which he cannot do. Would be interested in your thoughts on this.

Fortunately because of the way the system works at present he has been forced to accept a referral to the mental health team for assessment. I have asked for copies of any letters sent to the GP to be sent to my son. My question is that if we get a diagnosis in writing is it still worth going to appeal?

Pat

Hello and welcome to the forum. I would encourage you to appeal personally. I have a sticky on the forum that deals with tribunals and has some info on appeals as well.

Is there a reason why your son hasn't been diagnosed?

I think you should have a thread of your own and will ask the site team to start one for you. You should get a PM [private message] telling you where your post has been moved to.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

He hasn't been diagnosed because he also suffers from depression and low self esteem and we, as his parents made a decision that it wasn't in his best interests to be considered disabled. It is the system that is forcing us down this route.

If they move my post can they delete reference to the thread I put it on please. I couldn't see how to start a new thread.

Pat