filthy southwark council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi just want to see what I can do..

for the past 2 months the parking signs in the area have been sprayed over with paint nd the council had not bothered to rrectify it.. so i started to park for free. i did this for 2 months then 1 day they finally sorted it.. i moved the car ... the next day the signs were sprayed over again so i parked again and came out to find the poaint had been wiped but my car towed.. they didnt leave any time for me to sort trhe car they just cleaned the signs and towed my vehicle ... now they demand £400 for the release.. what can i do??

this is dirty SOUTHWARK council aswell

The evidence would be the time the paint was removed. If that was before you got towed, then you parked when there was no restriction.£400 also seems highly excessive for towing. If the police can manage it for £150 through a contractor, how come the councils own towing vehicle costs nearly 3 times as much?

The evidence would be the time the paint was removed. If that was before you got towed, then you parked when there was no restriction.£400 also seems highly excessive for towing. If the police can manage it for £150 through a contractor, how come the councils own towing vehicle costs nearly 3 times as much?

Its actually £200 plus the PCN cost £40/60 plus any storage costs if not collected within 24 hours.