modimoe

modimoe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is an agreement enforceable if it has a different account number on it from the one in the POC. Yet no notification of any change of account number or signed agreement with new number ever signed/produced. Also if no T&C's have been produced is the agreement enforceable. Especially as their reference refers to T&C's which clearly dont' apply:madgrin:

I've come across this thread it might have some useful info:-

I know that with some creditors the account number changes after the account has been closed this might be the case here, a SAR Request might throw up

the information to back this up. I see no reason why you can't mention that it's got the wrong account number.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?239785-Howard-Cohen-backtrack-and-admit-reconstructed-DN-**WON**/page9

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?237134-Mrs-Ski-vs-Howard-Cohen-CL-Finance&p=2905313&viewfull=1

Format of the witness statement

The top right hand corner of the first page should contain:

·The party on whose behalf the statement is made;

·The initials and surname of the witness;

·The number of the statement in relation to that witness, e.g. 1st, 2nd, etc.

·The identifying initials and number of each exhibit referred to in the statement. For example, if it is the witness’s first statement and it refers to three exhibits, these should be referred to as “ABC1” to “ABC3”. In a subsequent witness statement in the same proceedings, further exhibits would start at “ABC4”;

·The date the statement was made.

The witness statement should be headed with the title of the proceedings.

The witness statement should:

·Be produced on good quality A4 paper with a 3.5cm margin;

·Be fully legible and should normally be typed on one side of the paper only;

·Be bound securely in a manner which would not hamper filing;

·Have consecutively numbered pages;

·Be divided into numbered paragraphs;

·Have all numbers, including dates, expressed in figures; and

·Give the reference to any document or documents mentioned either in the margin or in bold text in the body of the statement, for example [at page14 “ABC1”]

It is usually convenient for a witness statement to follow the chronological sequence of the events or matters dealt with. Each paragraph of a witness statement should as far as possible be confined to a distinct portion of the subject.

Content of the witness statement

·The witness statement must, if practicable, be in the witness’s own words and should be expressed in the first person;

·The first paragraph generally sets out the “who, what and why” of the statement maker:

oWho the witness is – name, residential address (or business address if he is making the statement in a business or professional capacity, together with the position held and the name of his firm or employer)

oWhat the witness’s connection with the proceedings is

oWhy the witness is making the statement;

·Witness statements should deal with facts known to the witness. To demonstrate that this is the case, words such as: “Save where I indicate to the contrary, the matters set out in this witness statement are known to me personally.” Where a fact is not within the direct knowledge of the witness, it can be included but should be preceded by, for example “I am informed by [ ] and believe that ...”.It is important to state the source of any matters or information or belief;

·Witness statements in support of or in opposition to an interim application should contain only facts relevant to that application;

·Witness statements of lay witnesses should not contain legal argument. If it is necessary to refer to the legal position, a phrase such as “I am informed by my solicitor and believe that ...” maybe used;

·Witness statements must contain a statement that the witness believes the facts in it are true;

·Witness statements should be signed and dated.

Exhibits

Documents referred to in a witness statement should be produced to and verified by the witness and remain separate from the witness statement.

Copies of individual letters should be collected together and exhibited in a bundle or bundles. They should be arranged in chronological order with the earliest at the top.

Each exhibit should have a front page attached identifying its exhibit number and details of the statement to which it is exhibited.

The top right hand corner of the exhibit sheet should contain:

·The party on whose behalf the statement is made;

·The initials and surname of the witness;

·The number of the statement in relation to that witness, e.g. 1st, 2nd, etc.

·The identifying initials and number of each exhibit referred to in the statement. For example, if it is the witness’s first statement and it refers to three exhibits, these should be referred to as “ABC1” to “ABC3”. In a subsequent witness statement in the same proceedings, further exhibits would start at “ABC4”;

·The date the statement was made.

The exhibit sheet should be headed with the title of the proceedings. A centre-heading should state the exhibit number.

Hi,

Thank you for that it is extremely useful as very little on web.

The original agreement which they have produced has a completely different account number on to the one in the POC. They say that in 2000 I reported card stolen by phone (a total lie) and a new account was issued. But surely, if you lose your card you don't get a new account number - just a new card and therefore they have an unenforceable agreement as cannot produce an agreement with the account number in the POC.

By the way they monitor this site their barrister at my last hearing told me! So I don't mind if you want to block some of the info on this as even she was at a bit of a loss and it was only adjourned for T&C's to be produced (still not got them) and my witness statement.

Thanks

M

If they are saying that you reported a card stolen they should have a record of it. Perhaps you should ask them for proof of this.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

When a card is lost/stolen you DO get a new card AND a new account number.

This is true. No point in allowing you to keep an account number if it has been compromised !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This is true. No point in allowing you to keep an account number if it has been compromised !

Yep. I can assure you that the bank/card company do this. I've issued many emergency one's myself to customers stuck overseas without their cards.

the card was never reported lost or stolen. they say I phoned in 2000 to report this, which is untrue I have never reported a card lost or stolen. Ten years ago they changed the account so they will not have this information. I think that it is a ruse as they issued new cards/account numbers as they changed their billing structures. I have never signed an agreement with this account number or received new terms and conditions. They have been asked under a CPR and can only produce the old agreement no T&C's and have supplied only a copy of a default and assignment. Only a partial statement summary too.