Equifax allowing DCA's to portray themselves as Credit Card providers!

huggys boss

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Huggy rang and asked Cabot for a card and they said they don't do them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Perhaps if we bombard all the cretins with letter and phone calls asking for loans and cards someone might

take notice :lol:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thank you will have a search for template letter otherwise will draft one.

Again this is a fantastic site and thakyou to all who put themselves out to help cagers

Dear DCA

I have today checked my Equifax Credit File and was suprised to see that you have conducted a search and listed it in Table 1.

You are, I am sure, aware that Table 1 searches are registered in connection with credit applications. I have researched your company on the internet and as far as I am aware, you do not provide any credit lending facilities. I am sure that you are also aware, that if a credit application form is filled in, the applicant gives the lender permission to access their credit file.

I can confirm that I have never applied to yourselves for credit and in such, I have never given you permission to access my credit file in the manner that you have.

I demand that you remove your search from Table 1 of my file within 14 days of receipt of this letter.

I look forward to receiving your response to this matter within 7 days of receipt of this letter.

Yours Sincerely.

Mr xxx

Do not sign the letter, just print your name.

It is not as strongly worded as the others I have written because Equifax have changed the layout of the credit files over the past few weeks.

Good Luck

HB

P.S. If you are going to copy and paste the letter, check it for spellings!!!!! :wink:

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

Perhaps if we bombard all the cretins with letter and phone calls asking for loans and cards someone might

take notice :lol:

I think that Equifax have taken notice because the new layout is very vague! :evil:

• 1 month later...

1) Got taken to court in Sept. with OH by Link (joint loan claim was £8,900) Link lost on all counts & DJ relieved us from all liabilities of the agreement, subscribed to Credit Expert in October - nothing showing from Link on mine BUT they have registered two DN's for the same account on OH's file and after checking last week were still processing data to the CRA, also got a letter last week arrears & interest still being added, unenforceable debt now stands at £10k + (Link has it listed as a Loan.

2) CL bought a debt from GE and had it listed as a Credit/Store Card, they've recently added a DN & changed Credit/Store Card to Bank Account ? ?

I had on old unpaid o2 mobile phone account on my credit file, now it is showing as Lowell Portfoilo - communications supplier?!?!?! I know Lowell have probably bought the debt but Lowell aren't a comms supplier, is this just as bad? - whats the best course of action here?

Wish I knew Stevo, I only started subscribing to Experian in October - its already p*55in' me off that we have PAY to find out this information. Plus on joining its a 'requirement' to provide a landline or mobile telephone number (we can guess to whom they share that information with).

Life is so much easier with True Call ;)

Complaints to IFO,OFT & Consumer Direct, Phone FOS and ask their opinion.

All this could count as the creditors final response.

Edited by BRIGADIER2JCS
left abit out

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I'm just waiting for my petiition to government to be accepted which clearly states

"Only the original creditor can place markers of any description on our credit files." This would stop the likes of Lowlife, Mucky Hall, Robinson Way et al using 'we can screw your credit rating' as a threat. If they are not the original creditor then tuff.....

I couldn't check mine because they couldn't find me at my address on the Electoral Roll, (think it was an excuse for them to 'tidy' up my record.

Again like other posters I don't think we should pay to see our own files... another petition methinks.

I am awaiting a decision from ICO and fos on these entries on equifax and will

post up the results.

ICO has said that they would only expect to see legitimate credit applications

on Table 1 searches on a Equifax report, the new format is '' misleading''.