• Tweets

• Same issues as - also spent ££ to have mechanical failures fixed will have a read
    • Debt charities have urged the Insolvency Service to develop stronger rules to protect customers from bad practice among IVA lead generators View the full article
    • Hi,     I'm in the process of voluntary termination of my moneybarn agreement, in accordance with secion 99(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I have returned the vehicle, it was collected by a 3rd party on behalf of MB, in driveable condition with fear wear and tear condition.  Their report states that the condition was "Average" (The options were Good, Average and Poor). I have paid more than 50% and recently, before starting the VT process spent £700 to make sure car is roadworthy (gearbox repairs). I am £880 over the 50% mark. Today I've received final billing letter estimating body repairs at over £1,300 (the bodywork is fine - peeling lacquer and alloy wheels would need refurb though). I've purchased the car at 7 years old with over 80k miles, through National Car Credit (pretty sure I've seen another topic on here about them). The car is now more than 10 years old, and I did take pictures + videos of the car before it was collected.   Now. I've had a payment holiday through April and May (which I don't dispute and will willingly cover the amount that they're asking for this payment holiday term) But however I'm not okay with covering the bodywork repairs for a car that is over 10 years old and wasn't excellent condition the day I've purchased it. It came with no service history book and only one key (on my own expense I've purchased another one and had it programmed)   No arrears on the account, no missed payments (just 2 month agreed payment holiday - between myself and MB) which I'm okay to cover. Given the car back in drive-able condition (it was very noisy the week before it was collected, hence why I've spent money on repairs) half of tank of petrol, kept tax up to the day it was collected.   Advice would be appreciated, thank you.   dx: I can't pm you as I haven't got enough posts on here, but if you'd like more details and see what has been sent and see the responses please PM me.     Thanks.
    • I am not a lawyer but I definitely think you are correct.   You will need evidence that Fast Track was not available on your way out - "Unknown reasons" sounds ominous. Do you have pictures/videos/written records to prove it?   Ryanair website states they are not responsible for you missing your flight as a result of fast track, but it doesn't say anything about not being responsible for the product they sold you not being available. Have you tried asking for a refund already?   Either way they sold you something that they did not provide - I don't see how this can be legal - and hopefully you should be able to prove it. Get written evidence that they refused to refund you (if you don't have it already) and take it straight to your card provider. (by many accounts it seems pointless to try and negotiate with Ryanair)
    • Hello everyone, recently I ordered 4 birds, 2 canaries and 2 lovebirds from a pet shop in Nottingham. When I received the birds, one of the canaries looked scruffy and had a bald spot on its back. when I asked the owner if this was normal he stated that “it is a baby and will be normal in a week” so I waited a week and I discovered it was sneezing throughout the night. I then decided to check their weight and the scruffy one was only 15 grams while the other was 26 grams. While weighing them I discovered they were covered in blood mites (small bugs that feed on blood) so I contacted him and he said I could return them but I’m unable to drive an hour to his shop so I offered to pay another delivery fee fr him to pick it up but he was ignoring me so I decided to try to treat them and bought many medicines and I cured their mute problem but now all 4 birds are sneezing, I’ve had many birds before and I’ve never had these problems so I asked him if he couldn’t please come pick them up but he kept reading my messages and ignoring me then when I called him he blocked my number so I messaged him on my other number laws showing te sale of an ill animal is prohibited and sent him proof of his false advertising (saying they were “excellent healthy birds”) proof fm their illness and he blocks me again. I feel scammed and according to the law he I is obligated to refund me for the birds and any medical expenses but I don’t know know where to report him or what to do about it. Any suggestions would  be greatly appreciated. Thank you 
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
Sla66

Help with N244 please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3381 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello, I have just received an eviction date of October 19th. I agreed to pay an extra £300 on top of the normal mortgage payment and was given a suspended possession order. I have been able to make these payments albeit a little late sometimes. I have in the past been 4 months behind but have always come good and got the payments up-to-date. The joys of self employment!.

I am now 3 months behind in mortgage payments. We are self employed and had received an order from a Dept for Transport agency who then had their budget taken due to government cuts. We have corresponded continuously with our mortgage company but they then said they were not prepared to wait any longer.

The total is £5,880. I am able to make a payment of £500 today and £500 on Friday and £900 next week. This will bring it back to 2 months behind. I am completing the N244 and taking it to the court today.

I have laid out the details of this contract and asking the court if we can pay the outstanding payments over the next 6 months.

I am collecting evidence this morning to go along with the N244 of orders I have received for a completed product to show income is starting to come in again but I will not be able to get all the evidence until later today, probably after the court office closes.

The mortgage is in joint names, we have a daughter who attends the local primary school and out business is based at our home.

Should I submit the N244 and take the evidence along to the hearing or wait until I get all the evidence together first?

Any help much appreciated.

I have decided to ensure completeness of the N244 incase evidence on the day is not admissible? So I am completing the document tonight and taking to the Court tomorrow morning. Any advice would be really useful. I have explained in the notes why payments have been late and what we are doing about it to ensure made on time in future.

As the income is dependent on the business and not the same each month I have not completed an income expenditure?

I will flag your thread for the attention of the site team. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you very much

Hi sla

Are there any other factors that a court should consider, i.e. Does any member of your family have a disability or serious illness? If there are children who live at home etc.

Have a child of 10 who lives at home and goes to local school.

I have evidence to show products were ordered by Dept for Transport and ANO govt agency and then they cancelled due to new government cuts.....

Hi sla

Both of those facts are important, they need to go on the N244. Expand a bit more then you have here, i.e. all your childs friends live locally etc. Take as much evidence as possible, it will help your cause.

Are you o.k. filling in the form, like what goes where?

Hi there, have you completed a budget sheet to go with the N244? In case you haven't I have affixed one to this post. Given your arrears are £5k isn't £300 per month a lot to offer given your business situation ?

What have you put in Q10 of the form (witness statement) - there is case law you can ask the judge to consider (Cheltenham & Gloucester v Norgan), which gives him the power to order that the arrears may be paid over a long period of time. If you need help with the statement please let me know and I will draft one for you.

Budget Sheet.xls

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I have seen some of your witness statements and used the C&G quote! Our situation is quite complex so I have put together a word document for Q10. If I could email you that would be great.

We offered £300 extra to get the suspended order about 18 months ago . We have more or less stuck to that but have been late a lot but always cleared it in the end.

I just thought at this crucial stage we should offer to pay it the two months outstanding payments in 6 months or the judge would not accept our proposal and go ahead with the eviction?

I have evidence in the form of the reneged order, a history of fax communication with the mortgage company, recent sales orders, evidence of making £500 payment today and the remittance advice of the payment on Friday for £500 and the cancelled order from Dept for Transport which has caused us the grief.

Thanks for your help!

Hi there, I'll gladly take a look - you can send it to ell-enn@consumeractiongroup.co.uk

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thank you SO much. On it's way...

Not got it yet...

Just sent now thank you.

Sorry didn't answer one of your questions....I have seen earlier posts of yours with regard to what goes where and assume it's the same. i.e. District, 15 mins. Just not quite sure what to put on Q3 for this.

Hi, I've read the statement and replied to your email :-)

Thank you so much for all your help. Really valuable advice.

Sorry didn't answer one of your questions....I have seen earlier posts of yours with regard to what goes where and assume it's the same. i.e. District, 15 mins. Just not quite sure what to put on Q3 for this.

Q.3 = suspension of eviction.

I've amended the statement as per your comments. Thanks again for all your help.

Thank you so much.

Thanks Ell-enn, the judge more than halved our offer and suspended eviction. Not sure if they would be the same if we hit uncertain times again though so fingers crossed we won't. Brilliant help, thanks.

That's great news - well done !:-)