Friend lives in Spain UK debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, you have helped me so much and I have mentioned this to a friend who is in a similar position to myself. They had a Barclay Card Visa which they now have a debt of 10000. they have have the card for over 10 years They are being called everyday and letters have been sent from a company called Mercers, Mercers sent a Default Notice to their last known UK address although they are living and resident in Spain and the Barclay card statements are sent to the Spanish address. The UK address is their mothers address so they are quite concerned. What should they do, they do not speak to them and have not replied in writting yet.

Thank you for all your help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

They sent the letter requesting the CCA to Mercers and have just received a reply from Barclays, to their Spanish address sending back the letter and the PO, requesting that they send the Barclaycard Account number so that they can trace them. Surely Barclay Card would have this as they have their address etc.

Can you advise them what to do.

Thank you so much

Kelly

• 2 weeks later...