Halifax Claims Assessment Agents?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4944 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After being made redundant last year I claimed off my Halifax Mortgage Protection Policy. The claim went very smooth and the Halifax have been paying promptly for the past 9 months. I recently received a letter from the Halifax informing me that they have claims assessment agents in my area and they would pay me a visit soon to assess my claim. I therefore wrote a 3 page letter detailing my activities over the past months to try to secure employment. I thought by doing this it would save everyone time and money in sending an agent round. However I then received a phone call from the Halifax thanking me for the letter but insisted that an agent would still be calling. What is more irritating is that they couldn't tell me when would call. I am still not clear what this visit is all about ( I did ask but got a vague reply ) and clearly my letter didn't suffice. Has anyone had a similar experience or know what this is about?

Snow,

Have never had any experience with this, but have a suspicion they want to call and interview you to confirm everything you say is true.

Remember you are under no obligation to let anyone into your house. Personally I would write back to them stating unless they can justify sending out an agent, they will be refused entry.

DJ