Egg, PPI, sharp practice!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wrote to Egg recently demanding about £1100 of CRP (PPI) including interest, they wrote to me on the 22nd September saying they were looking into it.

On Friday the 8th Oct I received a letter back denying any evidence to support my claim, but as a gesture of goodwill offered about £600, they said they were only prepared to go back six years, I dont accept that the six years is relevant as I only recently discovered the charges.

But this is where I think they are trying to be clever the letter was dated the 27th September but posted on the 6th October and only gives me until the 11th October (tomorrow) to accept the offer, clearly does not give me any time to consider what to do.

I intend to write to them refusing the offer and demanding the whole amount, the difference is not much more than the £500 it would cost them if I involve the FOS, but I am annoyed about the way they have tried to get out of this by manipulating the dates.

Dispatch, “We have a 911, Armed Robbery in progress, see Surplus Store corner of Peebles Drive and West 24th Street”

Hi Satter

I think you've pretty much sussed out their tactics. You are quite right, if you've just discovered that you've been mis-sold PPI, then the Limitation Act 1980 states that the clock starts at the point that the discovery is made. I think you should add interest to your claim, they've had use of your money. You can also take the matter to the FOS or Small Claims Court. You will find spreadsheets and templates in the Library, it will help you work out the interest.

• 3 weeks later...

Well Egg have replied they are sticking to their first letter and will only refund CPR going back six years and that this is a gesture of goodwill and they accept no liability.

Dispatch, “We have a 911, Armed Robbery in progress, see Surplus Store corner of Peebles Drive and West 24th Street”

typical crap

why are you going for 8%

if this is a CC it should be at their int rate they charged you!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Re the 8%, I thought that was all I could claim.

Thinking of accepting the offer as a part payment and going down the FOS route for the rest.

no reject it.

if you have the cca then 9/10 fos make them cough

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Satterthwaite,

Just had a chat with the FOS yesterday re. my claim for PPI refund from Egg.

Egg initially argued with the FOS that as my PPI started in 1999, that the FOS could not rule on it.

FOS disagreed with Egg and my case has been passed to an adjudicator.

So, the point of all this? Egg may only like to go back 6 years but a, there is no time limit of claims for PPI, and b, a precident has now been set that Egg have to go back to at least 1999.

Which would cover a lot of claims I think.

Regards,

Bosun.

Please note: I have no formal qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith. :)