Do I have a legal argument after being lied too

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Can anyone help with this problem, I purchased some servers/computers a couple of years ago with PCWorld finance on a lease agreement.

Before i sent the agreement away, i asked the following question:

I've signed the 3 forms required, but before I send them can you answer a question I have concerns about.

If in a worse case scenario, the business fails and I return the server, what happens regarding the balance owing?

The reply was:

In case, if you are unable to pay the balance you can return the system and you will get a early settlement figure at that point.

I trust this is to your satisfaction. Please send the documentation work to xxxxx and if you have any queries call me on xxxxx

Now my attempt at going self-employed failed so i contacted the finance company explaining that i'm no longer trading and would like to return the equipment, they never replied to my letter, so i phoned them and asked if they received my letter, they had and then told me that i cannot cancel the lease and return the equipment.

My question is do i have a legal argument as i purchased the equipment as a result of a lie, i would never have sent the agreement away, if i could not return them.

CAM

Don't think the conversation you had at start will be of help. Suggest you have a good read through the agreement you entered into as you may find something there that allows the cancellation of the agreement provided you have already paid a minimum % of it and you return the goods. Some agreements state half needs to be paid to do this.

Hi RobinWayRobinMe

I have sent an email to OFT, as i find it hard to believe that there is no law against this type of conduct by a finance company who lie to get you to sign on the dotted line.

Misleading actions and omissions

A misleading action contains false information or in some way deceives (or is likely to deceive) the average customer.

Regards

CAM