LA Fitness

Mrs.TT

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello guys,

I posted the below on the Moneysavingexpert site however just wondered if anyone here may have any solutions.

"Newbie here and feeling very stupid. Wondered if anyone has an any success in cancelling a contract with LA Fitness before the 'initial period' is up?

I joined the gym on 10th September as it is literally across the road from my new workplace. I specifically told the membership agent that I did not want a contract, as I was still at another gym which had become inconvenient but offered flexible membership terms. (so I was looking for the same) I did not know how long I would be in my current role either, which I expressed to her. She suggested the 'perfect' deal which was the corporate plan which I could cancel at any time. I was advised to input details via a touch screen console and would be sent my pre-contract agreement. What i thought I had signed was the direct debit agreement. Instead I had signed a 12 month fixed term loan.

When I realised, I contacted the gym reception, who I have to say where clueless from day one of heading into that facility. I then got in touch with OFT and they advised citing the consumer credit act, 1975 and claim misrepresentation. Wrote to LA Fitness (recorded delivery) and they have just responded by saying I cannot cancel and I have to provide written evidence that the membership was missold. Of course I cannot as it was conversation held with a membership agent.

I am so furious that I cannot sleep. I do not want to pay £51 a month for the next 11 months, particularly now that I am returning back to contract work and may not even be in London this time next month."

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Mrs. T

:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Hi Mrs T and welcome to CAG. Sorry this went unanswered for so long. :!:

Can you post up copies of the m/ship contract and the credit agreement, if they are 2 separate documents.

Hide your personal data first and use this guide for how to post up the doc'ts - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

You say you input your data on a touch screen. When did you first get the 12 month contract and was it posted or given to you at the gym.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...

I always thought that you pay for year contract or more when you start visiting gym. It is normal practice. I surprise why people don't understand this. there are a lot of complaints here la-fitness.****edconsumer.co m. It is much cheaper than paying for every training. I heard about some cases when people got their money back but they had to argue a lot before.