Paypal Problem

moneydragon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I purchased a item recently off ebay using my cc for over £1.2K.

The item never arrived and when I asked for my money back the seller informed me he did not have the funds.

I entered a dispute through paypal, but my concerns are when I get reimbursed paypal will keep 10% £120.

How can I get this back? as I should not have to pay £120 for nothing. Should I go through my credit card company?:-(

Don't know where you got that idea from. A refund is just that. The only time you will not get back what you paid id if you used a CC in a different currency, and the exchange rate shifts in the meantime. If not, you get the full amount back. There's not much to ba gained in looking for problems before they even arise!

Then that was not a refund. If you pay someone and they withdraw the funds from paypal, they have to load the money back into paypal and wait for that to clear (about 7 days) then they can refund you. You will not be charged. However, if they want to pay you quicketr than that they can send you money instead via paypal. That is NOT a refund and you will be charged. So, you must make it clear to anyone refunding you that it is a refund you want. They insitigate it by pressing the refund link on the item page in their paypal history.

Its also worth mentioning that you should not for any reason end the dispute untill you are refunded. For example the seller may ask to settle it if you end dispute. It does not matter if he has the funds or not, Paypal will refund from their own pocket then deal with him later.