style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3594 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi I voluntarily terminated my HP agreement for a Peugeot. A guy came and took the car - we looked over it together and he ticked all the boxes to say there was no damage to any of the car. I was left a copy of this. Today I got a letter from a solicitors saying that the car was pointed out to me to have more than fair wear and tear - (it was not!!! he said it was excellent condition) and so I owe £300 for polishing and touching up of stone chips. I have photographs of every panel of the car taken the night before it was taken. I also have a sheet signed by the guy saying there was no damage and the little car diagram has no damaged marked on it. What should I do - I think they are just trying to recover the auction costs from me?

Thanks for any help,

Jenna

Hi jennag

Welcome to CAG

I would write a strongly worded letter saying that you refute the claim and will defend any court claim vigorously as you have the relevant evidence . Don't send the pictures just yet. Send it recorded. See what they say.

Others will also provide advice.

What more can be said than what Rebel has said. You could ask for a copy of the report.

As also mentioned, don't give anything away at present, just make it a document request and refutal.

Hi Jenna.

You're in really safe hands here. There have been plenty of earlier HP VT cases which have examined wear and tear and damange. Reasonable wear and tear is perfectly acceptable, the fact that they are trying to charge you to polish the vehicle is laughable. You have extra protection in the shape of the paperwork that was given to you. I would suggest making a couple of photocopies to be super-sure!

When you write back please ask for a copy of their internal complaints procedure, they are obliged to supply you with a copy.

Keep us updated!

Seq.