BankFodder BankFodder

Preyin Graham

Centurion Collections FInal letter - came from nowhere

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3390 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi, i like you to shed some light on this and maybe make some suggestions as to my best course of action..is tht possible?

. ..I'll phone my housing association (HydeMartlet) on monday but needless to say i am a bit shaken by this..I suffer from mental illness so it doesn't help.

it came from nowhere...

it seems to be a final letter from Centurion Collections (whoever they are) acting on behalf of Fairhold Ltd.. i include a rent statement to show that i am not in arrears with rent - i was a little in arrears last year but i let my Housing association know i am on incapacity benefit and would be paying a little more each month to bring the rent upto date which they were fine with..

Needless to say they won't be getting any money...are they just trying it on? is it some sort of joke?

here are the clickable thumbnails to scans of the front and rear of each of the pages of the letter.

th_centurionletter001.jpgth_centurionletter004.jpgth_centurionletter.jpg

th_centurionletter003.jpgth_centurionletter002.jpgth_centurionletter006.jpg

thanks for looking and i appreciate any support you can offer.

Edited by Preyin Graham

It seems they are referring to ground rent do you have receipts of paying this? Who do you normally pay this too if so contact them and find out why have they not notified you of this and past it straight on to a DCA. I wouldn't be worried at this point if i were you. Hopefully a more experienced Cagger will come along but if you read threads about DCAs you will worry not about some of the words on the letter :)

Something I have noticed is there was a payment due on 28th sept and it has already been past to a debt collection agency with in 9 days... something is not right in my opinion.

Edited by AtlantisZPM

thanks Atlantis, i do feel better about it..

i reckon someone could have made a mistake..

I don't believe i pay ground rent as a Housing Association tennant...or if i do, its absorbed into my normal rent...i wonder if this is either for someone else, or maybe it was for Hydemartlet and they somehow copied me on it - anyway these are guesses and I could be wrong..

I thought about putting it in the DCA subforum actually.

i've had a bit of experience with DCA's - i get the impression they're opportunists whose letter writers you're never likely to meet..

i notice a few patterns - they nearly always seem to send their letters out at the end of the week, the signature is either illegible or non-existent, and it often seems to follow a standard template (ie no addressee etc.) oh and i've read that Estates and management trade under lots of different names.

Edited by Preyin Graham

urm........

admin charge too

i think someone is chancing their arm here to try and fleece you.

certainly dont pay the charge

there is no legal remit for this

dx

Contact your housing association. This notice is actually addressed to them, not to you. Ground rent is payable by a leaseholder to the freeholder. If you are living in a housing association property I would be very surprised if you were liable for ground rent - and if you were, it would say so in your tenancy agreement. It also talks about signing a document "admitting" you are liable for these payments - it all looks very dodgy to me. I have to say this looks remarkably like a [problem]. Talk to the housing association and then possibly contact the Police as it may be fraudulent.

Kentish Lass

Information given is based on my knowledge and experience and is not to be considered as legal advice

thanks so much for your help. i phoned my housing association and they looked into it - turned out they hadn't notiied everyone when they moved Office from London...so the letters from estates and management kept dropping through the letterbox of an empty office, the ground rent they were paying built up i guess, so the letter to my flat was perhaps their way of letting Hyde know that they were asking for money..i hope this makes sense...relief..:)