Parkingeye sending me PCNs for a car i no longer own

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Since the 20th of september, Parkingeye have been sending me scary, rude and police style letters for a car that I sold in August 2010.

I immediately sent them back an appeal letter and the new vehicle sale documents where it says that i part exchanged the car in question. There was no reply until recently. During that time, DVLA sent me an 'acnowledgement letter' saying that you are no longer owner of the car. However, my appeal letter was already sent before arrival of the dvla letter.

Again, during that time i get 3 more stupid gay letters from them, one with pictures of the car (remember I did not commit the 'offence' !!!) and another with a 'Final notice'

So i send another appeal, this time in recorded delivery, since it has been weeks from my first letter. In the envelope i include the DVLA letter, all 3 of PE's letters, and my original letter.

Remember that My wife bought the new car and Part exed the car in question. Her name was on those sale documents that i sent the first letter.

2 days after the 2nd letter, PE send me a fresh new £40 parking notice but this time with my wife's name on it. I have a feeling they have not seen the 2nd letter, this is the reply to my first letter as i included the vehicle sale letters in the first.

I was furious at the lazyness and lack of common sense of these people. Assuming that my wife had bought the old part exed car then went to aldi and parked for 15 minutes later?

We live at the same address too.

So after browsing these excellent forums,everyone says that i should ignore these letters. However since they know there is a fish at the end of the hook, this might be harder?

Oh, and i am also expecting a letter to ME saying that you are innocent, we have forwarded the fine to the cars new owner who they think is my wife.

Feel free to ask questions if you can't be bothered to read this long first post :)

ignore them!!!

its an invoice not a parking fine

there is NOTHING

they can do to you.

do some reading in this forum

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Oh, and i am also expecting a letter to ME saying that you are innocent, we have forwarded the fine to the cars new owner who they think is my wife.

You say you have forwarded the "fine" to the new owner? What "FINE" would that be then as all PE have sent you is a begging letter type invoice?

I hope you don't expect the new owner to pay this scamvoice, as we spend all our time on here helping people understand they are a [problem]. It would have been better if you had binned their invoice rather than sending it on to another potential victim to the [problem].

No, after sending the vehicle sale documents for a new car my wife bought, she part exchanged the car in question.

They assume that she bought the old car and went to aldi and parked too long. I said that I was no longer the owner of the car, please contact the dealer. But no. Just because my wifes name was on the sale sheet they think she bought the car.

They just lack common sense.

And I actually feel sorry for the new owner (i dont know who) if they eventually find out it is them and they get the 'invoice'

It's nothing to do with common sense - it's a [problem].

They don't give two hoots who owns the car, or who was driving. They just want an address to send threatening junkmail to.

With any luck the new owner, if they receive any tat, will just Google Parking Eye, find out it's a [problem] and to ignore.

SSMJ

you are assuming to much.

No1 anyone in Parkingeye can read.

No2 They look at anything other then a cheque.

No3 they abide by any form of codes of practice.

After foolishly responding to these clowns thinking they were a proper company. I have now realised that they are [problem] artistes of the best order. But what really pi55s me off is the DVLA are suppling them the information letting them do it.