Returning faulty PC for refund - what are my rights?

martinlest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered a PC from a well-known online retailer. Within 4 days it broke down and I had to obtain an RMA to return it for repair. It seems however they are in no hurry now to do so - apparently they are 'very busy' and 'the man' (just one?) who would repair it is away at the moment.It's been back a week but no one has even looked at it yet. This does not inspire confidence, I must say.

The PC was received here 10 days ago, so I assume that even though I returned it within 5 days, I am outside the 7 days distance selling laws. If I did decide to say to the retailer to keep the PC and issue a refund, what are my rights here?

Thanks,

Martin

can you name them please

we have many retailers online here at cag

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The 7 days kicks in only after you have taken possession so yes you are right on that point regarding cancellation however they are now being unreasonable. Insist and get the refund as they are now being unreasonable as out own SOGA covers you!

Send them an email cancelling and back it up with a registered letter. Do that today if you can.

If you had cancelled within the 7 days from taking delivery then they would have no argument but I am unsure if returned for repair counts as cancellation.

I'll send them another email - they have at least replied to all my messages os far. I am not 'naming and shaming' the company here immediately, things may turn out OK. I am not sure about cancelling at this stage, but if, for instance another 10 days go by and I still don't have the PC, I'd need to know what my rights are. Thanks.

Your rights at the moment are that you are entitled to a replacement under SOGA as you are still within the 28 days. I certainly would not be waiting around for them to repair my brand new goods that I have paid upfront with my hard earned cash, but then that is just me. At the moment they are fobbing you off.

If I were you I would have a read through the Distance Selling Act because you returned the item within 5 dasy fo receiving it. You may still have good grounds to cancel and insist on an immediate replacement..

I have my doubts about this being areputable company as any reputtable company would have replaced the goods by now instead of waiting for a tech to come back from wherever they are holidating.

• 2 weeks later...

I told the company that I wanted to return the PC for a full refund. They apologised for the problems I had and agreed to a full refund with no argument, so all is well (except I don't have a PC now - have to start again).

Thanks for the comments,

Martin