Bailiffs took my £9000 car to sell at auction in 7 days! HELP! PLEASE!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

4 Bailiffs seized my car while it was parked in my driveway for unpaid council tax. They told me it will be sold at action within 7 days unless I give them £5000 in CASH right away!

I am beside myself with worry....do I have ANY RIGHTS? ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

Pezz

what paperwork did they leave you

you should have had a notice of seizure of goods and inventory prior to removal

you should have been left a form 9 removal expenses form left with you when they removed the car

as your car has already been removed i would say tomtubby your best bet

how much is the liability order

They did'nt even knock on my door to tell me they just clamped it on my drive while the waited for a tow truck and then 'AFTER' the loaded it they just gave me 'Removal of Goods Notice'.... No notice of siezure or form 9 expenses form.....The toal amount they say I owe is £8900.....!

you must have letters from the council before the bailiffs arrived

do you know the amount of the liability order

I have never herd of them before so I googled 'Burns' and 'Goddard' and cant find a bailiff firm with this name (I'm not saying they don't exist have a google and see what you can find out about them ) normally when a bailiff firm is heavy handed like this you find complaints on google about them

what is the name of the bailiff on the 'Removal of Goods Notice'

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?210956-On-line-search-to-check-if-a-Bailiff-is-Certificated.....

I put Burns and Goddard and Burns & Goddard in the on-line search and came up with nothing (this list is not 100% accurate ) put the bailiffs name and see what you can find

'Removal of Goods Notice'(thats the form i was thinking about )sorry

Hi....They are real Bailiffs because I phoned

Tameside Revenues Division,

Exchequer and Support Services,

Council Offices, and spoke to the guy in charge of the dept, who confirmed they have the car and intend to sell it if I don't pay at least £5000 by next week!

I wasn't saying they don't exist usually you get an idea of what you are up against by the amount of complaints you find and i couldn't find any

the bailiff that removed the car must be certificated

one thing for sure if there is more than 1 liability order you will be charged multiple fee (this is not allowed)

Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council have their own Bailliffs including Byrne & Goddard = 3 others. Obtained form online Bailiff search using Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council as search criteria.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I suspect this has been a planned action by the Council and their internal Bailiffs. From what you say earlier it appears this has been ongoing for a number of years.

You need to establish how many Liability Orders you have against you? How much each one is for? How much is outstanding on each one? When they were issued? What periods of time the covered? When they passed them to the Bailiff to action?

You also need to ask the Bailiffs fora Breakdown of charges on each account - you can go back 6 years. If you haven't the account numbers you can SAR the Council - most do this free of charge but if they insist it's only a tenner.

Possibly the only other person who may be able to help will be your local Councillor.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It was for varing amounts accumulated with various added costs and charges since 2003

Sorry, but I have not been posting very much lately as I have an awful problem responding to queries as the print is so tiny and I am constantly making so many spelling errors!!

Sadly, with a debt this size and going back 6 or 7 years you will not find that the local authority will be willing to have their bailiff's agree a payment proposal, in particular given that they have a car (without finance) which could

provide a lump sum to bring the arrears down.

You need to be aware that in the normal course of events, if a car is "worth" approx £9,000 it will normally only raise approx £2,000 at auction. Did you give the bailiff the keys to the car?

Have you obtained breakdowns from the bailiff co that have been charged under each account?

Sorry, but I have not been posting very much lately as I have an awful problem responding to queries as the print is so tiny and I am constantly making so many spelling errors!!

Tomtubby, hold Ctrl on your keyboard and scroll your mouse wheel up. (or press +)